How to show/hide a page in InDesign using uPlan

Emvia Incorporated

Nov 4, 2015, 3:48:29 PM11/4/15
to XMPie Interest Group, prasant...@emvia.com
Hey guys,

I'm creating an InDesign document that needs to have two versions. One version is front side only, and the other version has a front and a back.

How can I write a Qlingo expression that shows or hides the 2nd page based on a specific value?

I know how to do this with layers, but not pages, and I'd like to avoid generating a document with a blank page if the back is not being used.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

-P.

couch

Nov 4, 2015, 4:01:55 PM11/4/15
to XMPie Interest Group, prasant...@emvia.com
1) you can apply a visibility ador to either a layer, or to a page. To apply a visibility to a page, use the pages panel in indesign. Double-click the required page to go to that page, then on the pages panel menu, select "dynamic spread visibility" and then select your visibility ador.

2) to create the logic, just create a visibility ador with simple boolean result - either true or false as to whether to show the page or not.

3) swapping layers/pages is not very efficient and is very difficult to maintain/update the document. If you have just two variations, this is ok, but if you have many variations you should re-think your template design to use variable images and text (or text file) adors to change objects on the same page.

Emvia Incorporated

Nov 5, 2015, 12:23:28 PM11/5/15
to XMPie Interest Group, prasant...@emvia.com
Thanks! Got it working. Also, thanks for the advice.