uStore Theme Designs

Liz Synadinos

Feb 24, 2021, 6:09:21 PM2/24/21
to XMPie Interest Group
My customers' stores are still in legacy format. They are corporate stores where a small group of purchasers order print items for the various divisions, groups, and individuals. The NG themes have so much fluff to them that is not needed, nor would be appreciated by these clients. Has anyone edited their NG stores to be a bit more basic? Like no "featured products (because they don't really change)? They like the simple grid layout so they can see multiple products at once. For example one client is medical and has 50 different clinic locations. They want the categories to by by clinic and then sub-categories to be by product type. Do I have to start from scratch and create my own theme to achieve this?

Liz

couch

Feb 24, 2021, 11:04:37 PM2/24/21
to XMPie Interest Group
If you want, it is very easy to hide the main home page banner and category icons from the default AquaBlue theme by adding this simple css to the theme editor in uStore admin:

.promotion-wrapper,
.categories-wrapper {
  display:none;
}

You can see in the screen shot below, that it will leave you with the top menu bar, the products list area and footer:
sample.jpg

By default, the homepage shows the last group from the product group list. To change this behaviour you would need to make a new theme, but it is pretty close to what your customer probably wants anyhow.

Also, the display is a grid of products like you already want. I can't remember the number of products in the grid before it starts to use paging, but I think you could change that in a new theme. (It would be a nice feature request to change this number by the uStoreAdmin global configurations page though...

Davy

May 24, 2024, 6:19:32 PMMay 24
to XMPie Interest Group
Do you have CSS to remove the featured products from categories in the menu dropdown?

Amanda Duncan

May 28, 2024, 9:57:52 AMMay 28
to XMPie Interest Group
try this:

.navigation-menu .category-panel .featured-products .featured-products-link {
   display: none;

Davy

May 29, 2024, 8:27:03 AMMay 29
to XMPie Interest Group
Unfortunately, that did not work. Here's where it is in the html. It is located in a few spots in the categories-navbar. Screen Shot 05-29-24 at 08.21 AM.PNG

Wayne

May 30, 2024, 5:33:32 AMMay 30
to XMPie Interest Group
Not sure I really understand this?
The HTML you show is from the side menu - "Featured Products" in uStore is displayed on the Home Page and which is usually the Last Root Product Group.
I have not seen Featured Products in the Dropdown unless this is a modified theme.

Regards,
Wayne

Davy

May 31, 2024, 8:20:57 AMMay 31
to XMPie Interest Group
I used the first code for the homepage and it worked great. I thought maybe there was a way to get rid of the "Featured Products" under the main menu at the top. My example screenshot I shared previously truncated to a side menu because it went to a mobile view when I inspected element to get the HTML. Sorry it was not useful! Here is an example of the main menu where the  "Featured Products" and "See featured products" are that I would like to remove. Let me know if that makes more sense. Thanks so much! ~HeatherScreen Shot 05-31-24 at 08.16 AM.PNG

Wayne

May 31, 2024, 3:19:17 PMMay 31
to XMPie Interest Group
ok - now i understand

span.featured-products a.featured-products-link{

display:none;

}

div.column.category.featured-products-category-item {

display:none;

}

Davy

Jun 3, 2024, 8:07:23 AMJun 3
to XMPie Interest Group
This is perfect! It worked great. Thanks so much. :)