Circle and 1-Click unsubscribe

ppietras

Apr 7, 2024, 6:23:28 PMApr 7
to XMPie Interest Group
Does XMPie have a solution for Circle email campaigns to implement the one-click unsubscribe requirements for GMail and Yahoo?

Stephen Couch

Apr 7, 2024, 8:12:36 PMApr 7
to xmpie...@googlegroups.com
It is not available yet, but there will be a solution before it is a mandatory requirement for Gmail/Yahoo.

On Mon, Apr 8, 2024 at 8:23 AM ppietras <patrick...@gmail.com> wrote:
Does XMPie have a solution for Circle email campaigns to implement the one-click unsubscribe requirements for GMail and Yahoo?

ppietras

Apr 8, 2024, 10:35:23 AMApr 8
to XMPie Interest Group

Thanks for the response, Stephen. That's good to hear. June 1 is not that far away, though. Hopefully, we'll get a solution early enough that we can have time to adjust and test our campaigns in advance of that date.

couch

Apr 9, 2024, 6:22:48 PMApr 9
to XMPie Interest Group
I checked withe the product nanager overnight. The plan is to deploy an update in the first half of May. (Barring any unforseen delays.)

ppietras

May 20, 2024, 1:07:20 PMMay 20
to XMPie Interest Group
Hey Couch, would you be willing to check on this again? I haven't seen any communications or updates from XMPie about the one-click unsubscribe support. Have I missed something?

The June 1st deadline for Google's enforcement of the one-click unsubscribe is almost here, and we have means of complying.

couch

May 21, 2024, 8:31:11 PMMay 21
to XMPie Interest Group
According to the product manager, R&D deployed a fix this week and are making some final tests to make sure everything is working.
Details should be sent out via email and on the https://help.xmpie.com website early next week.

ppietras

May 28, 2024, 11:27:53 AMMay 28
to XMPie Interest Group
Thank you Couch. I appreciate the update.

James Ridge

Jun 3, 2024, 4:46:39 AMJun 3
to XMPie Interest Group
Has anyone received an update on this please, with the deadline now passed?

couch

Jun 12, 2024, 12:15:31 AMJun 12
to XMPie Interest Group
Finally, I see that the release notes page has been updated to show that the feature was added in the last update: https://www.xmpie.com/xesreleasenotes/

While the header is added automatically, after some research and a lot of pestering, I have found some additional things impact whether the button is shown:

The "one-click unsubscribe" button will appear if the following criteria are fulfilled:

  1. Your email includes List Unsubscribe headers (this is the bit which is done automatically).
  2. The domain from which you send emails, the return path domain (or bounce domain), and the DKIM signing domain are all of high or medium reputation.
  3. If you send a significant volume of daily emails to Gmail users, note that it may take between 7 to 10 days for this button to become visible.
  4. You must continue to maintain a high open rate for the volume of emails sent.
I am pushing for this information (and anything else relevant) to be added to the XES Help/User Guide, but since it has taken me a month to get this information, I am not holding my breath.