Hopp til første uleste melding

keith

ulest,
27. okt. 2008, 14:54:1027.10.2008
til XMPie Interest Group
Good afternoon fellow XMPie users. I have an issue that I wanted to
pass by this group for advice. I have a large amount of completed
jobs in the job center that I'd like to delete. We have several on
demand applications that require composition, so each order (and there
are thousands) create an entry in the uProduce job center. Has anyone
written an API to auto delete several thousand jobs at once. At this
point, it would take a fairly large amount of time to delete this
manually and I'd rather not. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
I have talked to XMPie and they referred me to pro services.i haven't
called yet. First time post by the way.

Keith

Timothy Perrett

ulest,
28. okt. 2008, 13:15:2228.10.2008
til XMPie Interest Group
Hi Keith,

Are said on-demand jobs under a single camapagin? I could possibly
knock something together; perhaps a little jar file or something.

Cheers, Tim

keith

ulest,
28. okt. 2008, 14:03:4228.10.2008
til XMPie Interest Group
Thanks for the reply Tim. Yes, the on-demand jobs are under a single
campaign.

Timothy Perrett

ulest,
29. okt. 2008, 06:40:1729.10.2008
til XMPie Interest Group
Do you have an Apple mac to hand? I've just thought of an easier
solution for you...

keith

ulest,
29. okt. 2008, 09:23:4829.10.2008
til XMPie Interest Group
Hi Tim. I'm not sure what you mean by "Apple Mac to hand"? We are a
MAC shop so I do have access to macs?

Timothy Perrett

ulest,
29. okt. 2008, 10:50:1629.10.2008
til XMPie Interest Group
Splendid. Then what you should do is download this:

http://ditchnet.org/soapclient/

Point it at http://<server>/XMPieWSAPI/Jobs.asmx?WSDL

Choose DeleteAll, then enter the various details, and execute.

What do you think?

Cheers

Tim

Michael Dobbins

ulest,
29. okt. 2008, 10:57:2129.10.2008
til xmpie...@googlegroups.com
I am on a Windows environment, server based XMPie.

We run several campaigns throughout each month, usually I just clear older jobs by hand. Can you point me in a direction for my situation? Maybe a vbscript or something?

Mike

Timothy Perrett

ulest,
29. okt. 2008, 11:02:2529.10.2008
til XMPie Interest Group
Hmm, if I get time i'll create a x-platform java app that lets you
enter various details.
No promises, but perhaps i'll find some time.

Otherwise, I doubt you can call the API from a VB script, but from VB
proper, then sure.

Cheers

Tim

keith

ulest,
29. okt. 2008, 11:31:2329.10.2008
til XMPie Interest Group
Excellent. I will try this today. thank you very much. This SOAP
Client looks like a tool that I've needed or a while now.

keith

ulest,
29. okt. 2008, 12:25:3529.10.2008
til XMPie Interest Group
Tim - I'm not having much success. I have a screen shot of the
parameters that I'd like to show you. Hopefully you may see the
problem or point me in the right direction. It looks correct to me. I
uploaded the image "Picture3.png". thank you
Keith

Timothy Perrett

ulest,
29. okt. 2008, 12:37:2129.10.2008
til XMPie Interest Group
You need to fill out all the parameters otherwise the XML is not a
valid SOAP message

Cheers

Tim

On Oct 29, 4:25 pm, keith <wheelies...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Tim - I'm not having much success.  I have a screen shot of the
> parameters that I'd like to show you.  Hopefully you may see the
> problem or point me in the right direction. It looks correct to me. I
> uploaded the image "Picture3.png". thank you
> Keith

Erik

ulest,
29. okt. 2008, 12:41:1929.10.2008
til XMPie Interest Group
public bool DeleteAll(
string inUserID,
string inAccountID,
string inCampaignID,
string inDocumentID,
string inStatus,
string inType,
string inName,
string inCampaignName,
string inAccountName,
string inOrderBy,
int inPageSize,
int inPageIndex,
int inPageJobId,
string inEmailMarketingID
);
Parameters
inUserID
The ID of the uProduce user for whom these jobs are to be deleted.

NoteThis parameter is optional.

inAccountID
The ID of the Account whose jobs are to be deleted.
If this parameter is specified, the inAccountName parameter should
match it or be empty.

NoteThis parameter is optional.

inCampaignID
The ID of the Campaign whose jobs are to be deleted.
If this parameter is specified, the inCampaignName parameter should
match it or be empty.

NoteThis parameter is optional.

inDocumentID
The ID of the Document whose jobs are to be deleted.

NoteThis parameter is optional.

inStatus
The status of the jobs to be deleted. The available job statuses are
listed in the table below.

Value Description
1 Waiting
2 In progress
3 Completed
4 Failed
5 Aborting
6 Aborted
7 Deployed
8 Suspended

NoteThis parameter is optional.

inType
The type of jobs to be deleted. Specify the index of one of the job
types listed below.

Value Description
1 - PRINT A print job
2 - PROOF A proof job
3 - DOWNLOAD_DOCUMENT A Document created from a downloaded Document
package (DPKG)
4 - DOWNLOAD_CAMPAIGN A Campaign created from a downloaded Campaign
package (CPKG)
5 - PROOF_SET A Proof Set
8 - PORT A port
10 - EMAIL_MARKETING Email marketing

NoteThis is the only mandatory parameter.

inName
The name of the job to be deleted.

NoteThis parameter is optional.

inCampaignName
The name of the Campaign whose jobs are to be deleted.
If this parameter is specified, the inCampaignID parameter should
match it or be empty.

NoteThis parameter is optional.

inAccountName
The name of the Account whose jobs are to be deleted.
If this parameter is specified, the inAccountID parameter should match
it or be empty.

NoteThis parameter is optional.

inOrderBy
The property by which jobs to be deleted are to be sorted on the
search results page.
Specify one of the following:

jobID
userID
campaignID
documentID
jobName
jobType
jobSubmitTime
productionStartTime
productionEndTime
jobStatus
outputType
inPageSize
The maximum number of jobs to be deleted that are to be listed per
search results page.
NoteIf you do not wish to set a specific value, set this parameter to
-1.
inPageIndex
The number of the search results page listing the jobs to be deleted.
NoteIf you do not wish to set a specific value, set this parameter to
-1.
inPageJobId
The job ID listed on the search results page whose jobs are to be
deleted.
NoteIf you do not wish to set a specific value, set this parameter to
-1.
inEmailMarketingID
The ID of the email activity whose jobs are to be deleted. .
NoteIf you do not wish to set a specific value, set this parameter to
-1.
Return Value

Cheers ;)

j4ys0n

ulest,
30. okt. 2008, 16:41:3330.10.2008
til XMPie Interest Group
Erik,

That information is incredibly helpful. Thank you.

I'm trying to do the same thing Keith is. I got the webservice to run
successfully. It comes back with the result as 'true' - which I'm
taking to mean success, because the other results were errors.
However, the jobs still exist in uProduce. Any idea what I might be
doing wrong?

Thanks,

Jayson

Erik Zaadi

ulest,
1. nov. 2008, 07:19:2401.11.2008
til xmpie...@googlegroups.com
I'd check the filters you passed as parameters..

They might be to tight ;)

2008/10/30 j4ys0n <j4y...@gmail.com>

--
Erik Zaadi

j4ys0n

ulest,
3. nov. 2008, 08:47:4203.11.2008
til XMPie Interest Group
Erik,

I've tried with minimal parameters also. Just enough to delete what I
want and nothing more. I get the same result. Response is 'true' but
not job is removed.

j4ys0n

ulest,
4. nov. 2008, 08:51:0504.11.2008
til XMPie Interest Group
In reference to the documentation previously posted, all values that
are -1 need to be 0. Got it working.

Thanks for the help!

Jayson

Shalom

ulest,
25. nov. 2008, 12:48:3325.11.2008
til XMPie Interest Group
Got the SOAP Client, but I'm getting a "missing username\password in
soap header" fault. How to I define this, or is it starring me in the
face?

Timothy Perrett

ulest,
25. nov. 2008, 12:57:3925.11.2008
til XMPie Interest Group
All the xmpie services expose two types of service:

TheService.asmx

and

TheService_SSP.asmx

if your using TheService.asmx, then you need to use WS-Security.
Generally, its easier to use the SSP from SoapClient.

Tim

Scott Kilmurray

ulest,
12. mai 2016, 17:30:4112.05.2016
til XMPie Interest Group
Hello All,
Our server has filled up! Help. Basically it has ever job ever run since 2011. Obviously trying to delete the 20345 pages worth of jobs via the web UI is going to drive somebody mental. I'm the companies web / programming guru. I have sent a SOAP request to the deleteall operation. We can see the tbl_job emptying, and tbl_job_deleted table filling up. So we let that finish. Then dropped the contents of the tbl_job_deleted table. Thinking is solved it because we got about 3gb back in space. But now none of the jobs submitted via the automation.1.0.5.jar file appear as jobs in the jobs list. What am I missing. I can't find any sql server agent jobs. Nothing screams at me from the stored procedures or any of the methods in the jobs.asmx wsdl description. Can anyone help?

George Marsh

ulest,
12. mai 2016, 17:35:5312.05.2016
til xmpie...@googlegroups.com
Scott, bit late but there is a uProduce maintenance guide on the info portal that says how to maintain the server, and I think there is a section on clearing down old jobs. Going straight to the DB might not have been a good idea.

Scott Kilmurray

ulest,
12. mai 2016, 17:41:2912.05.2016
til XMPie Interest Group
Do you have a link as I'm not the XMPIE user, so don't have access to the portal. It's restored and functioning until that log fills then wee up the creek sans the paddle

couch

ulest,
12. mai 2016, 17:42:1112.05.2016
til XMPie Interest Group
Scott, It is not recommended to directly touch the db (eg drop rows from a table). In reality, the output print files and temp files are much higher users of disk space than a db rows.

XMPie has a technote on recommended server maintenance: http://info.xmpie.com/app/cip.nsf/pages/20194

In terms of removing the print jobs, as documented in the technote, there is a windows utility called job manager which can help you remove old jobs.

Here is a later version of the utility: https://xmpiecs.box.com/s/20u7udj0t2jejqlsmyx4

now to your immediate problem: the automation.jar you mention is not a standard part of the xmpie package, so i suspect this is some kind of customization you have created for submitting jobs. it is possible that your code could be trying to duplicate a job ticket used by a previous job that you have now dropped from the database. I suspect you will have to debug your custom application and perhaps create the ticket if the ticket does not already exist.

couch

ulest,
12. mai 2016, 18:01:4012.05.2016
til XMPie Interest Group
Technote-0037-Maintenance.pdf

Scott Kilmurray

ulest,
12. mai 2016, 18:18:0812.05.2016
til XMPie Interest Group
Hi,
Thanks for the help and advice😀 Your a legend. We're about to upgrade to the latest version and will be using the circle automation instead. But this will hopefully get us through the next couple of weeks. Again my sincerest thanks. ✔️

Scott Kilmurray

ulest,
13. mai 2016, 04:36:2913.05.2016
til XMPie Interest Group
Hi,

Me again.  I have tried using the proper xmpie job deletion tool, this too is moving the entries from tbl_job to tbl_job_deleted so we are not saving any space on the DB. Cant do the sp_MSforeachtable call either as its out of space.

On Thursday, 12 May 2016 23:01:40 UTC+1, couch wrote:

couch

ulest,
13. mai 2016, 05:00:0213.05.2016
til XMPie Interest Group
So, when you run the SQL command to find out your database sizes (as per the maintenance technote) what is the size of the xmpdb2 database?
What version of SQL are you running?
SQL 2014 offers up to 10GB file size for each database.

Scott Kilmurray

ulest,
13. mai 2016, 05:38:0613.05.2016
til XMPie Interest Group
Hi,

From the sql in the maintenance doc:

XMPDB2 XMPDB2 c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\DATA\XMPDB2.mdf 4095
XMPDB2 XMPDB2_log c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\DATA\XMPDB2_log.LDF 0
XMPDBASSETS XMPDBASSETS c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\DATA\XMPDBASSETS.mdf 2
XMPDBASSETS XMPDBASSETS_log c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\DATA\XMPDBASSETS_log.LDF 0

It's SQL Server 2005 Express Edition. Which is what it came with. and the 4gb limit.

My frustration comes from the migration of content from tbl_job to tbl_job_deleted.  Using both the WebService, and the Job Manager tool provided. Both move the records. which grows the log.  Why is there nothing to clear this out? no agent jobs, scheduled tasks, stored proc? How joe bloggs is expected to run it and maintain it is beyond me.  I'm going to document the system, along with the ID's of this and that and go theough the XML config files and see it I can see what's going wrong when we clear the DB table.  I've got a call in to XMPIE but don't know if I'll hear anything back.

Thanks for helping me with this.

Scott

couch

ulest,
13. mai 2016, 05:44:4213.05.2016
til XMPie Interest Group
If the transaction log file is your problem, try clearing it - eg: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/56628/how-do-you-clear-the-sql-server-transaction-log

Scott Kilmurray

ulest,
13. mai 2016, 05:50:4713.05.2016
til XMPie Interest Group
Hi,

I don't think it's the log. As that appears to be small, its the mdf which is over the 4Gb limit, the SQL ERRORLOG is now filling up as its moaning about the DB size.

ARGHHHH
DBFileSize.png

couch

ulest,
13. mai 2016, 06:46:4613.05.2016
til XMPie Interest Group
Doh! - I should have actually looked at the figures - I was just reading your comments about the log.

I would recommend upgrade of the SQL to 2008R2 - all xmpie versions from v6.0 upwards support this version, and the database size is increased to 10GB.

Even if you don't do it now, and you end up deleting old rows from the tbl_job_deleted - I would recommend to get your SQL upgraded as part of the xmpie upgrade.

Scott Kilmurray

ulest,
13. mai 2016, 13:35:3413.05.2016
til XMPie Interest Group
Hello again. One of your earlier suggestions provided a clue. The system is using historical jobIDs for one set of jobs. So I re-ran the deleteAll job, and waited for that to finish. Dumped the contents of tbl_job_deleted (except the four we need), shrunk the db. And it is now a very respectable 5mb. And everything still works. Hurrah! Thanks for your help. 😀🍾
Svar alle
Svar til forfatter
Videresend
0 nye meldinger