Fedex Ground not showing up

ka...@alphagraphics.com

Nov 23, 2016, 1:05:39 PM11/23/16
to XMPie Interest Group
Hey all - Hopefully an easy question to answer.

I've got a Fedex account setup in ustore and the different shipping methods defined. However, FedEx Ground will not populate in the dropdown list. Local Delivery (Manual Method), Fedex 2-Day and Fedex Overnight will populate and price appropriately.

Anyone have the answer as to why Fedex Ground won't show up for me?

Thanks!
Karl

BrianS

Nov 23, 2016, 11:02:10 PM11/23/16
to XMPie Interest Group
Some half baked ideas:
1. Dig into the logs and review the actual request and response between ustore and FedEx webservices. It might have a clue.

2. Are you using a residential address? Do you have Home Delivery setup? FedEx Rate request (I think) is the webservice being used by uStore to populate the available ship methods drop down list. Rate Request is very loose on its interpretation of Business vs Residential addresses. Leaning toward Residential.

3. What is the package you're using? I believe you cannot use a free FedEx supplied package for Ground. You have to use YOUR_PACKAGING.

4. Might be a weight limitation.

hth
~B

ka...@alphagraphics.com

Nov 28, 2016, 9:08:30 AM11/28/16
to XMPie Interest Group
Thanks Brian!

The logs look good. I'm getting a reply back with ground shipping not included - Only Fedex Overnight and 2 day (which are the other two options for fedex I have selected). Leading me to believe it's something with a setting in home delivery or something.

Could you point me in the proper direction of the home delivery and the packaging? I haven't set up the shipping modules before, so I'm a little lost here and the help doc doesn't provide much support to the integration of Fedex or UPS shipping.

Thank you!

ka...@alphagraphics.com

Nov 28, 2016, 10:48:24 AM11/28/16
to XMPie Interest Group
So I've setup a custom package, but now I can't get Fedex to return any shipping quotes due to there not being a proper code for the custom package. Any resource or doc where I can pick up this information? Feel like I'm getting closer, but not close enough.

Drew

Nov 28, 2016, 12:07:24 PM11/28/16
to XMPie Interest Group
Found in here the package codes.

Valid values: • FEDEXENVELOPE • FEDEXPAK • FEDEXBOX • FEDEXTUBE • FEDEX10KGBOX • FEDEX25KBOX • YOURPACKAGING

Like in here it's using FEDEXBOX.

Then make sure to in "Presets -> System Setup -> Delivery Service Package" make a new entry for FedEx Ground and your new package. Do that for any package you want to use for whichever service.
In ours for UPS right now we have the boxes with 0 for height, width, and length and the products just going by weight.

BrianS

Nov 28, 2016, 12:20:57 PM11/28/16
to XMPie Interest Group
Use YOURPACKAGING  for a box that you plan to make available for Ground Shipping.

ka...@alphagraphics.com

Nov 28, 2016, 1:02:09 PM11/28/16
to XMPie Interest Group
Well that makes sense. So I set the box to "YOURPACKAGING" for the code, but I'm still getting neither Fedex Ground or Fedex Home Delivery returning. It's returning all other shipping methods just fine...

The logs are not showing a return on the Ground options, but on multiple versions of the overnight (Regular and Saver), and two-day (Regular, and AM) which is odd.

Drew

Nov 28, 2016, 1:19:54 PM11/28/16
to XMPie Interest Group
Did you do the bottom part of my previous message? Add the boxes in the Delivery Service Package for FedEx Ground? You have to assign whatever packaging you want with whatever service you want to use it for. If you want to use your new box with the other services besides ground you need to add it for those too.

ka...@alphagraphics.com

Nov 28, 2016, 1:35:09 PM11/28/16
to XMPie Interest Group
Yes, I added that as well. Tried assigning a new Delivery Service Package to test with, which had the same result.

Also created a new Fedex Ground shipping method which had the same result too.

ka...@alphagraphics.com

Nov 28, 2016, 1:38:53 PM11/28/16
to XMPie Interest Group
Got it. Changed the service in the Delivery Service Package to "Fedex Ground Home Delivery".

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!