uProduce RESTAPI and Merge Ouput

ppie...@apps.cierant.com

Jul 1, 2024, 12:46:06 PM (3 days ago) Jul 1
to XMPie Interest Group
We are working with an XMPie client  - we are writing some code to use the uProduce REST APIs to call some process jobs using a Process Template.

In our jobs, we are selecting the Separate File for Each Record Option, so that we get a separate PDF file for each record the query calls. When we run this directly from uProduce, everything works properly.

HOWEVER

When we run the same job using RESTAPI, we get an error message that says, "Separate file for each record output is not compatible with the Merge Output option. Please disable the Merge Output option."

So, that raises some questions:

1. The error message says to disable the Merge Ouput option. However, there is no selection for "Merge Output" in the uProduce interface that I can find. Where is this option in uProduce Dashboard?

2. Is there a way to disable the Merge Output option using the RESTAPI - we don't see it documented anywhere in the RESTAPI documentation.

This is causing some significant issues in our workflow, so any help or guidance you can offer would be much appreciated.

Pleaes let me know if I need to add any additional information - and thanks in advance for any help.

couch

Jul 1, 2024, 6:29:06 PM (2 days ago) Jul 1
to XMPie Interest Group
I think this is what you are looking for:
split.jpg

BTW, I say this every time someone is having problems with a job that works in the dashboard that fails when using the API:

Get the IDs of a job that works and a job that fails from the job centre, then go to the SQL database, xmpdb2 database, jobs table and refer to the jobparams field.
Review the differences in the XML of the job ticket. (There is even a rest method that will convert the xml to a json ticket if you need it.)

Mohammad Mansour

Jul 2, 2024, 12:17:08 AM (2 days ago) Jul 2
to xmpie...@googlegroups.com
The solution for this case is :
image.png

‫בתאריך יום ב׳, 1 ביולי 2024 ב-19:46 מאת ‪ppie...@apps.cierant.com‬‏ <‪ppie...@apps.cierant.com‬‏>:‬

This message and any attachments are intended solely for the recipient as part of Cierant Corporation business. If you are not the intended recipient, disclosure, copying, use, or distribution of the information included in this message is prohibited -- please immediately and permanently delete this message.