uStore 17.1: looking for Max Rosenbaum desperately (UPS API 2024)

west-digital.fr

May 31, 2024, 6:31:27 AMMay 31
to XMPie Interest Group
Hello,

Our customer is French - as French as you can be - based in France, shipping from France, all his UPS settings also show "France".

They have been shipping with uStore / UPS for ages with the "UPS Legacy API".

Now, June 1st is near so they are trying to switch to the new UPS API - a little lately, I must say.

While pressing the "Test" button in uStore Admin, or tying to "Save" the new UPS configuration, there is an error (sent by UPS back to uStore Admin) that complains that "The country associated with Shippers ShipperNumber must be the same as the shipments Shippers country".

If you look at the uStore Admin log files, you will see that uStore Admin, at the moment you click the "Test" or "Save" buttons, is trying to ask UPS to calculate a fictitious rate, to ship a fictitous parcel (whose weight is 4.54kg) to the XMPie HQ, from the home of a mysterious gentleman named "Max Rosenbaum" (??), who supposedly lives in Frankfurt, at the very same address as a UPS Center.

So, certainly, the fact that our customer's UPS data is set to "France" (FR), whereas the departing address of this fictitious shipment is in Germany (DE) triggers an inconsistance at UPS. So the error message...

If you are located in Germany, have you tested the new UPS API workflow and experienced this quite surprising behavior? Or was everything fine?

Thanks!

west-digital.fr

Jun 2, 2024, 1:18:07 AMJun 2
to XMPie Interest Group
Same question BTW to those who are not located in Germany ;-)

couch

Jun 12, 2024, 12:22:04 AMJun 12
to XMPie Interest Group
The problem for this is because of a hard-coded address used for the "test" button.
I believe that a manual patch has been created for the uStore version this particular customer has, and a more general-release patch will be available for uStore v17.2 soon after it is released (expected in the next week or two).

west-digital.fr

Jun 14, 2024, 12:46:35 AMJun 14
to XMPie Interest Group
Indeed, following a comprehensive investigation, the reason of the problematic situation was found in the XMPie code.
The purpose of this short-term patch is simply to avoid testing this fictitious and failing "Mr. Rosenbaum".
Our customer can now again ship with uStore via UPS - I trust all of you guys who are not located in Germany or the USA could also take advantage of the workaround.

west-digital.fr

Jun 26, 2024, 12:31:54 AM (8 days ago) Jun 26
to XMPie Interest Group
uStore 17.2 patch 6301.