Bleeds in Preview in Single Page Mode

Eric Paul

Jun 21, 2024, 11:30:02 AM (13 days ago) Jun 21
to XMPie Interest Group
uStore 17.2

In legacy stores and in multipage mode in NG stores, I've always set up my business cards with a keyline layer that only displays on proofs, and the preview was automatically cropped at the trim size in the display. I toggled on single page mode for one of my cards and noticed that the preview that is displayed also shows the beed. Is there some way to force the preview to show just the trim box? I'll attach screenshots to demonstrate.
Multipage.png
Single_Page.png

Magnus Byrkjeland

Jun 22, 2024, 6:12:26 AM (12 days ago) Jun 22
to XMPie Interest Group
+1
I have been wondering the same.

west-digital.fr

Jun 22, 2024, 8:37:43 AM (12 days ago) Jun 22
to XMPie Interest Group
uStore 17.2, uProduce 13.1.1, AIS CC-2024.

Mmm...?!
Until now, I have been unable to reproduce the behavior from an NG, SPA Store:
All Refresh Previews or Proofs, regardless the uProduce docs are INDD or XLIM, regardless the uStore Products are SPA or Legacy, do not show the Crop Box (they show the Art Box only), as I expected.
Enjoy your tests here with a mix of 4 products, that feature the 4 possible combinations.
From InDesign CC-2024, my doc looks like this:

INDD.png

All the 4 High-res PDF production files have Crox Boxes (see attached).

Maybe I'm missing something? (or maybe I simply misunderstood what your problem is?)

Doc XLIM_O_459562_30201.pdf
Doc INDD_O_459562_30200.pdf
Doc XLIM_O_459562_30203.pdf
Doc INDD_O_459562_30199.pdf

Magnus Byrkjeland

Jun 23, 2024, 6:34:12 AM (11 days ago) Jun 23
to XMPie Interest Group
Hello!
Thanks for the detailed examples. You are right - the issues we are experiencing are not reproduced.
I am running an older version of uProduce which may cause the issue me and Eric Paul are having. I am in the process of updating the service so I'll check back in with any updates when I have it.:)

Magnus Byrkjeland

Eric Paul

Jun 24, 2024, 11:00:00 AM (10 days ago) Jun 24
to XMPie Interest Group
Thank you for testing (I'm also on uStore 17.2, AIS CC-2024 and uProduce 13.1). I created a similar test product to your and the issue does not occur, but it persists with my live product demonstrated above. That product was originally created in an older version of InDesign, with older uStore and older uProduce, so perhaps there's something in legacy products that causes the issue. I'm going to open a support ticket and I'll report the solution to this thread.