UPS shipping issue on ustore sites

Ashley Drennan

Apr 21, 2016, 1:46:04 PM4/21/16
to XMPie Interest Group
We're having a persistent issue regarding one of our stores where, when the client gets to the shipping portion of the order form, they get this error
  • Error in address:Failed getting shipping prices from UPS. Please check your shipping address.

The site refuses to generate any UPS shipping prices for the client. XMPie Tech support looked into this and stated the log file says: The log file error is Maximum number of packages exceeded (50)

I checked with UPS and they're stating there is no package maximum while giving me the run-around about providing tech support regarding a "third-party" site.

Any ideas/comments/answers would be greatly appreciated!

Eric Paul

Apr 21, 2016, 10:42:09 PM4/21/16
to XMPie Interest Group
I saw the same error message with business cards on one of my stores. I still don't fully understand the UPS shipping integration with uStore, I think the documentation is pretty weak on this topic . . . but in my case, when I changed the product pricing from "single item" to "packs", and set the base weight to be the weight of the smallest quantity (250 cards, or 1 pack) then uStore was able to retrieve accurate pricing from UPS. My best guess is that when you have the product listed as "single items" it is trying to create individual shipments for each item - though this is just a hunch, I have no confirmation from support. And it is confusing since the error message about checking the shipping address has no relevance.

couch

Apr 21, 2016, 11:15:42 PM4/21/16
to XMPie Interest Group
This video might help:

I know it is for fedex, but UPS is pretty similar in terms of xmpie setup anyhow.

I suspect that it will have something to do with the way you have the document packages defined (about 4m 40s into the video)

Ashley Drennan

Apr 25, 2016, 9:13:23 AM4/25/16
to XMPie Interest Group
We discovered the issue - this was a composite store and, for whatever reason, the person that worked on it before I came to work here had set the upload portion of the composite store to 80 oz - the amount of packages being generated for a standard order essentially caused UPS to BUG OUT and refuse to calculate. Changing the weight fixed it.

couch

Apr 26, 2016, 8:51:29 PM4/26/16
to XMPie Interest Group
Thanks for posting your findings... It is good to know you found the problem.