Accented character conversion

John Shotsky

Dec 4, 2012, 7:06:12 PM12/4/12
to xmlpr...@googlegroups.com
I note that the xml output does not contain the character codes for accented, diacritical, misc symbols, etc. Due to this, the xml, when seen in a text editor, displays question marks for these characters. The character codes are those that would be seen in any web page, in html, and browsers automatically convert those to the proper character upon display. Is it possible to either add this to the xml printer, or add an option to xml printer to provide this in the output?
Thanks,
John

Tomas

Dec 11, 2012, 6:34:22 AM12/11/12
to xmlpr...@googlegroups.com
Hi John,

Can you see other ascended characters in the viewer you're previewing the XML in? We've tested XML Printer for conversion of ascended characters and everything worked fine for us. Try opening the XML in a web browser or in a different viewer (or try setting encoding to UTF-8 explicitly). If that doesn't help, then send us a sample XPS and corresponding XML, we could take a look at it here.

Tomas.