Epson Printer

Francisco Salinas Monarde

Sep 26, 2019, 10:47:05 AM9/26/19
to XML Printer
My application print receipts from a POS windows printer. I need to keep some Epson ESC sequence in the XML file.

Nevertheless ESC seq are formatting command that are already included in XML (size, position, etc..), there are commands like OPEN DRAWER or PAPER CUT that does not come in the XML output file.

Any help about this issue?

Thanks

Tomas Petrasek

Sep 27, 2019, 4:59:01 AM9/27/19
to xmlpr...@googlegroups.com
Hello Francisco,

We haven't tried XML Printer with POS printers yet, though I'd assume the control commands would not be printed, since they have no visual representation on the printed document. As far as I can tell you can only send esc commands to printers when communicating directly with them, not via print drivers.

So although not completely sure, I'd expect the esc commands to be trimmed, not because of XML Printer but earlier in the chain, probably at the level of system print drivers.

Best regards,
Tomas Petrasek.