What's going on with XMind ?

reboltof

Jun 24, 2018, 10:57:02 PM6/24/18
to XMind User Forum
Hi fellow XMind users,

As many people using XMind on a daily base, I was confused about the coming of XMind Zen. The graphical rendering of the product was a lot better, no doubt of that, but there was a lack in functionality compared to the XMind Pro version. I was assuming the nieuw Snowbrush engine was going to replace Eclipse and that there should be a XMInd Zen Pro version very soon...

But nothing !

Aside of that, XMind Ltd changed there market strategy by adopting the hated monthly/yearly fee system, which IMHO did not improve the popularity of the product.

As a professional MindMapping instructor, I used to be very active on the forum on support.xmind.net., trying to help fellow users. And when I came back today, after a few months of leaves, I was very surprised to observe that last posts were dated back from march 18 ! Even the very active and friendly Juha Metsäkallas seems to have disappear ;-). And a lot of questions were answered by a "XMind Genius", closing the threads without giving the chance to the community to elaborate. Does it means that users don't experience problems anymore, or that users simply use other softwares ? I guess the second...

I am still an enthusiast user of the Pro version, but I feel uncertainties about the future of XMind Ltd !

Has anyone a thought to share about that ?

Cheers,

Christophe aka Reboltof

stephen zhu

Jun 26, 2018, 5:03:33 AM6/26/18
to XMind User Forum
Hi  Christophe aka Reboltof

Thank you very much for your contribution on that support community. XMind ZEN just releases the update 2 recently with some good features like exporting Word/Excel. It's a new platform, needs more research work.  At the same time, we're updating XMind 8 too. The latest is update 7. And we're preparing the next update too.

And XMind ZEN offers the license key too, but links to computer for now. We're open to hear any suggestions and try hard to offer better service.

Sincerely!

Stephen