Most XMIND Attachments Will Not Open

Ryan Pellegrino

Jun 27, 2012, 9:09:15 AM6/27/12
to XMind User Forum
Good morning,

I am currently working to support a team member of mine who has been
working on a very large and detailed Mind Map that outlines process of
our business. This file is very important to her and her team.
However, recently, files stopped opening for her. It seems that most
attached PDF files will open, however a lot of image files
(.jpg, .bmp) that are attached, along with Word and Powerpoint files,
will no longer open.

First, I'd like to understand a few things about the program. When
attaching (not hyperlinking) a file to the XMIND file, does it embed
it into the file, or does it create a link to the location of the
file?

Is it possible the file got corrupted, and can it be repaired in any
way? Is this a known bug? The file experiences the same issues on
multiple PC's, so it's not an installation issue. Any help would be
greatly appreciated. Thank you.

stephen zhu

Jul 27, 2012, 5:12:58 AM7/27/12
to xm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ryan

The attached files are saved a copy in that xmind file. And some time (too big map, computer crash, and etc), these attachments can be corrupted.
You can open use the zip tool to unzip a xmind file to a folder. There should be an attachment folder in it. Please open that you can find the available attachments.

Sincerely!

Stephen
=========
Skype: stephen0928

stephen zhu

Aug 12, 2012, 9:44:02 AM8/12/12
to xm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sir

If currupted, normally, xmind may lose that attachments. :( Some time, you can try some zip repair tools.
Or you can send the file to sup...@xmind.net to ask for help.

Sincerely!

Stephen
=========
Skype: stephen0928

On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 3:41 AM, <digita...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks a lot fo the response!

Is there a way to repair the file once the attachments have been corrupted, or is it toast? I can see quite a few attachments in there (223), but I'm not sure if there were more beforehand. If it's corrupted, is it removed?

stephen hogg

May 4, 2020, 9:36:38 PM5/4/20
to XMind User Forum
How did things work out?

I have a similar problem.  I did a wireless transfer from pc to pc of a big file.  In the 'copy' the attachments (pdf, word) did not work and all the images that are in the map got wipes.  That wasn't so bad.  But, horrors, the same thing happened to the original map!