Some tips / feedback

Mathijs Versteeg

Jan 15, 2018, 8:55:29 PM1/15/18
to XMind User Forum
Don't know if this is the place, but here goes. I'd pay upwards of 200$ for a version that'd include these features.

First of all, love the tool & it's quite honestly changed my life. Thanks to the developers for increasing my brainstorming productivity by over 50% and helping me get rid of all the prioritization clutter in my work-life.
- I gave my manager the superpowers of shifting 'white xmind topics' across the eisenhower matrix instead of not being able to convey all the things I'm working on at the moment.

I use the non-hierarchical* method more than a hierarchical representation for top-line constructs, below are some frustrations while using the tool in that sense. I'd go to a competitor for these features, but there are none with the same pricing point / speed of use to be honest.

* not sure if it's a method, but this basically comes down to not using a hierarchical tree from the central topic, but manually drawing topics and manually positioning them on the canvas. I use the hierarchical drill-down capability (via F6) when I go deeper than the top level top-down.

--- Shortcuts ---
- I'd love to be able to automate everything from topic format presets to markers (in addition to the current basic CTRL+1/2/3/4/5).
- In other words: let me code alt+1, alt+2 or whatever to whatever is findeable in the ;

--- Shapes / drawing ---
- I want to be able to freely draw shapes (lines, squares, ovals, arrows should do it);
- I want to code shortcuts for a variety of things: from drawing shapes** to formatting topics, to zooming in/out & to scrolling. I (preferably) don't use a mouse for speed.
- Please let me copy + paste images from whereever to a mindmap (right now I can only drag them from explorer)

** i.e. ctrl+l without a selection becoming a 'link' arrow without having it to go from one topic to another

--- Theming ---
- Rightclick on a recetly adjusted topic ==> 'Adjust theme to match currently selected shape'. Yes please.
- Topic presets: please make it easier to name/create/modify custom shapes. Default topic/shape styles that I don't use and can't be deleted are also on a 'grmpf' list.
- I switch between night-themes and day/print-themes (white background). All my custom themes gets lost when switching: grmpf.

--- Non-hierarchical method (free-canvas mapping) ---
Please help me on this, it's an amazing way of gradually decomposing constructs.
- I'd like to select a set of floating topics, and click a button to make them hidding under a (deepdiveable through F6) new floating topic
- I want a 'highlight feature', macro-able. That is: allow me to draw a shape that, upon click, highlights or dehighlights certain topics/subtopics (comparable to the filter currently available on markers).
- I want 'template canvases'. How many times have I had to create four topics outside of the (currently) view, a link line connecting them, and then starting drawing in order to make a 2x2 matrix.

These things would make Xmind rock me more.

Thanks, regards,
Matt

Sikay Chung

Apr 22, 2019, 9:35:56 PM4/22/19
to XMind User Forum
Hi Matt, would you like a chat on this issue?

Best,
Sikay