Solution: Unable to login to XMind Pro through firewall/proxy

Murray

Oct 27, 2011, 9:05:18 AM10/27/11
to XMind User Forum
I recently discovered that XMind couldn't log in to my Pro account as
it currently only supports SOCKS protocol for accessing the internet
from behind a proxy server.

One solution that the helpdesk suggested was to use the portable
version, sign in somewhere outside the proxy and use that on the
system behind the proxy.

Before I got around to this I was trying to solve a similar problem
for DropBox and found a utility that talks all varieties of Windows
networking and acts as a bridge from applications that can't.

The application, CNTLM, is open source and can be found at
http://cntlm.sourceforge.net/.

This installs a service into windows that you have to configure proxy
addresses, account and password details using the included .INI file.
There are additional settings for supporting SOCKS and other options.

You can then repoint any applications that can't get through the proxy
to use localhost and the relevant configured port. e.g. My SOCKS is on
localhost:8010

I now run two or three tools including XMind across this. It even
allows the Amazon MP3 downloader to work ;-))

I am able to login to Pro just fine but have not quite managed to get
it to up/download maps from the XMind site yet. I still use DropBox to
allow me to move maps to my iPad.

If I solve it I'll update this post.

stephen zhu

Oct 31, 2011, 4:32:28 AM10/31/11
to xm...@googlegroups.com
so good sharing. BTW, xmind should solve this proxy thing completely.

Sincerely!

Stephen
=========
Skype: stephen0928