Is there anyway we can know how many sets , get , delete are being performed in one second on Memcache ??

Kiran Kumar

Nov 19, 2012, 1:08:15 PM11/19/12
to xmemc...@googlegroups.com
Hi sorry for troubling you guys .

I dont know whether if this question fits here or not , but still trying my luck .

I am working on a existing Multithread application which uses Memcache as the DataStore(I know its bad to use as DataStore  but it was there from earlier )

Our Multithreaded application creates 2 Threads per user and each thread will act as a Producer and COnsumer ( One writes to memcache and other reads from Memcache and deletes the key )

My question is that , is there anyway we can know how many  sets , get , delete   are being performed in one second ??

By the way i am using Xmemcached 1.3.8 , Memcached 1.4.10 with repcahced 2.3 on it .

Thanks in advance .

dennis zhuang

Nov 20, 2012, 12:05:44 AM11/20/12
to xmemc...@googlegroups.com
Hi ,xmemcached supports client statstics by JMX,you can see them at:

But memcached also supports stats protocol,you can see them at:

You can get the statistics info from memcached by telnet or Xmemcached client's API "getStats".

2012/11/20 Kiran Kumar <krn...@gmail.com>

庄晓丹
Email:        killm...@gmail.com xzh...@avos.com
Site:           http://fnil.net
Twitter:      @killme2008

Kiran

Nov 20, 2012, 12:38:57 AM11/20/12
to xmemc...@googlegroups.com
Hi , i have seen this below ,

 -Dxmemcached.statistics.enable=true

Do i need to pass this environment variable to my xmemcached client ??

My question is even  if i pass this environmen variable , how can this help me ?? Means even i pass it or not , i can make telnet command to the memcache server and see know ??

Is there anyway we can know what is latest key that is stored in memcache , because as far as my knowledge when i do stats items  it only displays all  the present keys with no timestamp

dennis zhuang

Nov 20, 2012, 12:42:05 AM11/20/12
to xmemc...@googlegroups.com
Yes,you must pass this environment variable when your JVM startups.And you can access the JMX MBean by jconsole or program etc.This is a client statistics that how many get/set/delete in one memcached client.

If you want the latest key that stored to memcached,you have to add log by yourself,i don't know any way to get it.

2012/11/20 Kiran <ravikir...@gmail.com>
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/xmemcached/-/9ShI_pqOdT8J.