Does MemcachedClient.shutdown call will close another Sockets

Kiran

Nov 22, 2012, 11:10:56 AM11/22/12
to xmemc...@googlegroups.com
Hi ,

In our Application we are Using Xmemcached 1.3.8 Client API with Memcache  1.4.13 as DataStore for our Applciation .
In our Application Memcache will process 8000- 9000 requests per second .

My question is
In such a Application When the user clicks on Logout Button or closes the socket , is it fine  to call MemcachedClient.shutdown ??
(I was thinking this because , Assume Memcache is busy at the time when  shutdown call was initiated  and  is it possible that Memcache may call shutdown on a different Thread ?? )

Please let me know what are  the side effects will arise in case shutdown call is initiated and if no shutdown is initiated .

Thank you advance .

dennis zhuang

Nov 23, 2012, 1:48:39 AM11/23/12
to xmemc...@googlegroups.com
MemcachedClient must be used an a singleton instance in application,you should not shutdown it until you application was stopping.

2012/11/23 Kiran <ravikir...@gmail.com>
MemcachedClient

--
庄晓丹