XMemcache Settings in a busy multithreaded application

Kiran

Nov 19, 2012, 8:27:06 AM11/19/12
to xmemc...@googlegroups.com
In a Multithreaded application , I have 6 webservers (part of cluster )trying to hit 2 memcache servers with repcached on it for replication . (Clustered in a application ) ,

I am using Xmemcached 1.3.8 , with  Ketamamemcachedsessionlocator session locator ,

As per our application it will create 2 Threads per user  Producer and Consumer , (one will do set operation and the other will do get operation and also at the same time does the delete operation also on that key ) , which connects to our two memcache  servers and does memcache operations ??

i have two questions with respect to the above configuration .

1. What is the connection pool size i need to set for our application and how do i know ?? (How will the memslap will help me  setting the connectionpool size??)

2. While starting Memcache servers , i am starting with the default configuration Thread count as 4 , do i need to change it 2 ??

We can have atmost 2000 users concurrently sometimes .

Please let me know , as we are planning to release in production next week .

Ari L

Apr 22, 2013, 5:09:15 PM4/22/13
to xmemc...@googlegroups.com
Kiran,

I use a singleton client as seen here:
http://techblog.grenshawtechnetwork.com/?p=174

A singleton static connection will be an issue if the connection gets lost, the memcached server restarted, etc. You would have to reconnect or something in those situations.