getAndTouch() how to detect server version/support?

André Schild

Sep 7, 2012, 10:34:23 AM9/7/12
to xmemc...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

we are using xmemcached with good results.
To improve performance we wished to use the new getAndTouch() method, available in 1.3.8 together with 1.4.8 servers.
Unfortunally not all our memcached servers are on 1.4.8 level already.

We now search a way to detect the server version, and then use either the standard get() or the new getAndTouch() method.

Any ideas on this subject ?

Jakub Białek

Sep 7, 2012, 1:08:01 PM9/7/12
to xmemc...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Use the stats command, there should be 'version' property.

-- Ragnor --

André Schild

Sep 10, 2012, 2:47:04 AM9/10/12
to xmemc...@googlegroups.com