xlslim-code-samples-main / streaming

John Montagu

Mar 19, 2023, 4:06:56 PM3/19/23
to sup...@xlslim.com
Hi Russel and team,
I'm a new user of xlslim and was seriously considering switching for good when I saw the streaming demos. However I ran into some issues when testing the wsheets and code samples included in the streaming dir and could use your help from here.

1.simple_counters & iterator_counters - I can run the code samples from my IDE without problem. On both xls workbooks, I was able to run RegisterPyModule(), both with the bundled python and my own environment. I can run all the counter() functions if I refresh cell by cell. However, if I switch excel to autocalc: clean Excel crash with no error message. I've had that behaviour with both environments, and on both Excel 2019 and Excel 365.

2.blpapi_subscription - Again here no problem running the code samples. On Excel: RegisterPyModule() and bloomberg_subscribe() run fine. Here, no crash on Autocalc and the counter displayed on the handle returned by bloomberg_subscribe() does increment through time. However, show_bloomberg_data() and  show_bloomberg_float() both return the same error: "#ERR The function call failed - Index was outside the bounds of the array."
(Same behaviour on both Excel 2019 and Excel 365.)

Many thanks,
John

xlSlim Dev

Mar 19, 2023, 4:54:24 PM3/19/23
to John Montagu, sup...@xlslim.com
Hi John,

Thank you for your detailed email.

I will investigate and revert back to you as soon as possible. I will need to try replicate this behaviour on my side, please give me a few days to get back to you.

All the best,
Russel

xlSlim Dev

Mar 24, 2023, 11:18:42 AM3/24/23