Upgrade release 4.15.1

1 view

Doug Averch

Aug 23, 2021, 5:28:22 PM8/23/21
to XLr8
It has been about 17 years since we updated our encryption algorithms. Java still supported them, but we felt it was time to update to a more current library. We are using the Java Cryptography Extension which is part of the Java Cryptography Architecture that provides an application with cryptographic ciphers for data encryption and decryption as well as hashing of your private data. These AES algorithms are more secure and require a lot less Java code to implement.

Nonetheless, anywhere you used a password, the Eclipse IDE system cannot decrypt them. This means that you have to get a new installation key as well as reset all account passwords when you upgrade 4.15.1.  There is no backward compatibility because this is a security software update.

Regards,
Doug

Changelog:
v4.15.1 - Aug 23, 2021
   Added AES password encryption/decryption to the storage of internal passwords for accounts.
   Changed storage of internal passwords are no longer stored in HEX.
   Removed PasswordHash.java
   Removed Security.java

v4.15.0 - Aug 16, 2021
   Changed licensing to use AES password encryption/decryption instead of DES