Special-purpose sections

1 view

Bruce Cox

Sep 27, 2022, 6:16:02 AM9/27/22
to XLingPaper
I'm working on an orthography statement and I was thinking it would be nice to provide the rationale for a section-worth of orthography decisions in some kind of subsection. I have a quite small wish list for this particular subsection: 1) no numbers (it will be the only subsection); 2) possibility to format it differently (e.g., smaller font, since it will contain technical information that not every user of the statement will be interested in). However, it seems the only way to configure (sub)sections like this is through a stylesheet at the sectionN level, and my rationale sections will not all be at the same level (nor will all sections at that level be rationale sections).
I also considered framedUnits as a way of presenting this information. These would be great if it was possible to: 1) configure whether the frame is actually present or not; 2) control the font; 3) define an optional heading that would be inserted in all framedUnits of a particular type.
Are there other approaches I could use to do this in XLingPap?
Or are there better ways I could design the orthography statement structure?
Cheers, bruce

XLingPaper

Sep 27, 2022, 2:25:33 PM9/27/22
to xling...@googlegroups.com, Bruce Cox
Hi, Bruce.

Consider making this proposed section be an appendix.  It sounds like its contents would be quite appropriate for an appendix - it's something that not every reader will be interested in and yet it should be documented.  You would not need anything special then, I'd suspect.

--Andy