Bibliography - chapter in a book

Ian Hodgson

Jan 28, 2023, 12:06:04 AM1/28/23
to XLingPaper
I have a few sources in my dissertation that are chapters in books, and I am unable to find a suitable refWork element that has all the sub-elements I need.

I could select a refWork(collection) element but this is not strictly what I want, and additionally, it has series and volume elements in it, which I don't want, cannot populate with data, and which therefore look bad in the final bibliography.

So instead I inserted a refWork(book) element. According to the user doc there are optional elements, including 'editor', which is exactly what I need, and ideally a pages element so I can note down where in the whole book the relevant chapter I am citing is. BUT, I have no options to insert an editor or page element in this refWork.

What do others normally do when you  want a chapter from a book as one of your bibliographic entries?

Thanks.

Ian

Ian Hodgson

Jan 28, 2023, 1:35:42 AM1/28/23
to XLingPaper
OK, so it is a refWork(collection) I need, just need to delete the elements I don't want.