justified text

Ian Hodgson

Jan 22, 2023, 3:36:38 AM1/22/23
to XLingPaper
Can someone please tell me how to justify prose text on the left and right.

XLingPaper

Jan 23, 2023, 10:42:40 AM1/23/23
to xling...@googlegroups.com, Ian Hodgson
On 1/22/2023 1:36 AM, Ian Hodgson wrote:
Can someone please tell me how to justify prose text on the left and right.  --

I'm confused.  If you mean the content of a prose-text element, then it is justified like regular p elements are.  If you mean how can you control the spacing before and after a prose-text element and control the left and right indents of a prose-text element, then see section 6.26 "Controlling the Display of Prose Text" in the publisher style sheet documentation.  (And if this, then also see appendix A for where in the list of Document Control layout elements the prose-textTextLayout element occurs.)

--Andy

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "XLingPaper" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/xlingpaper/41389f1c-afab-4f02-83a2-3337c56c792an%40googlegroups.com.

Ian Hodgson

Jan 24, 2023, 4:08:57 AM1/24/23
to XLingPaper
Sorry, I realise now what I did. I had been working in a LibreOffice word doc (so I could get an accurate word count) in which the prose text was aligned left, not justified - aligned right and left. So I must have been confused and thought I was looking at the pdf output from XLP, in which the text is already justified so I don't need to do anything to fix it.