Word Count?

Aaron Wade

Sep 21, 2020, 2:01:54 AM9/21/20
to XLingPaper
Does anyone have a trick about generating a word count from within XLP?  I know I can export and have Word do it, but I'd much rather have a running count if at all possible. Don't see anything in the documentation, so may not be possible.

XLingPaper

Sep 21, 2020, 12:43:38 PM9/21/20
to xling...@googlegroups.com
On 9/20/2020 11:01 PM, Aaron Wade wrote:
Does anyone have a trick about generating a word count from within XLP?  I know I can export and have Word do it, but I'd much rather have a running count if at all possible. Don't see anything in the documentation, so may not be possible. --

No, it is not possible.

Another possible way using PDF instead of Word  is given at https://www.countingcharacters.com/blog/how-to-count-words-in-pdf-file/.  It uses Chrome and a special add-on to Chrome.  But just like using Word, you cannot get a count while writing.  You'd have to produce the PDF first.

--Andy

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "XLingPaper" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/xlingpaper/0eddffc3-60ab-484c-8afc-bbbfc88fd952n%40googlegroups.com.

Hugh Paterson III

Sep 21, 2020, 1:14:57 PM9/21/20
to xling...@googlegroups.com
I always love these word count questions, because I am always curious as to what "counts" as a word... different tools I've used in the past give different answers on the same text... it is most annoying, and intriguing at the same time, and shows that people approach the problem with different criteria. Often the characters we use in our texts are not part of their criteria.

- Hugh