Charis SIL in text elements

Ian Hodgson

Dec 19, 2022, 8:40:27 AM12/19/22
to XLingPaper
I have set the font for language "en" to Charis SIL but when I output a pdf I still have a few glyphs that are not there. In the screenshot below, the sub-title has the word nɑ̃w with the ɑ̃ missing. My Vernacular language (which I'm writing in IPA) is also set to Charis SIL, and I presume this is why in langData elements I don't have the same problem (see the same word in a blue langData element in the screenshot).

Charis-SIL.png

Does anyone have any suggestions? It seems like my ordinary en text elements are not actually being output in Charis SIL.

Thanks. Ian

Ian Hodgson

Dec 19, 2022, 8:53:12 AM12/19/22
to XLingPaper
Forget that. I don't know why setting 'en' to Charis SIL didn't work, but I've got round it by converting the relevant words in sub-headings to langData elements.

Ian