Xiki on Windows.

Fabio da Silva

Feb 27, 2015, 11:40:55 PM2/27/15
to xi...@googlegroups.com
Any chance we can see xiki running on windows? I saw earlier posts mentioning some lack of support coming from ruby but it would be good to see how to get it to work in windows at some point.

Merrell Lastick

Apr 30, 2015, 1:25:13 AM4/30/15
to xi...@googlegroups.com
+1  me too

John Gwinner

Feb 16, 2016, 1:56:58 PM2/16/16
to Xiki
+1

Craig Muth

Feb 17, 2016, 12:50:49 AM2/17/16
to xi...@googlegroups.com
Re direct windows support, possibly eventually.

But in the shorter term... Docker is becoming pretty prevalent on
Windows, no? I'll for sure release docker images that windows users
can start right up and use.

--Craig

Craig Muth

Apr 1, 2016, 1:26:52 PM4/1/16
to xi...@googlegroups.com
> Re direct windows support, possibly eventually.

This announcement from Microsoft is a huge win for Xiki:

http://www.engadget.com/2016/03/30/bash-shell-in-windows-10/

If they implement this well, it probably means there's a good chance
Xiki will run natively on Windows!