Xiki Installed on OSX but not Running Properly

Austin Erlandson

Jan 13, 2015, 5:54:52 PM1/13/15
to xi...@googlegroups.com
Hey Craig,

Just wanted to see if you or anyone in the group could help me out.

Preface: Please forgive my shell Prompt I got a bit over excited a few weeks back when I really started getting into this stuff, Hahahaha!

I've been through the Xiki install process a few different times now and each time no matter where the xiki-master folder ends up (be it on my root or in my home folder) I can cd into the xiki/bin folder to see the three files but when I either run the xiki command I get the console version of the Github Page. Or if I use open xiki then it sends me to an Emacs page with those same instructions?

Here are some snapshots of what I'm seeing let me know how to proceed. I'm probably just miss understanding some functionality of the shell:)

I'm running a Fish shell currently but I'd like to be able to switch to the Xiki shell. Help!

Craig

Feb 14, 2015, 1:53:55 AM2/14/15
to xi...@googlegroups.com
Maybe you have the old gem version of Xiki installed?  If so, try uninstalling it.

The image didn't make it through, unfortunately.  Could you post it somewhere and send a link?

Try grabbing the latest xiki from github.  I just did a push today.

Try running "xsh -i" and see if you get a better error message.

--Craig