Time Zones errors (and others)

Charles Gagnon

Oct 2, 2017, 4:23:29 PM10/2/17
to Xiki
I have a few commands yielding backtrace after recently installing Xiki on m Mac. I am new to Xiki so I could be doing something wrong OR I could be missing a package. If something is missing, it there a way to easily check for all requirements?

I installed with the curl/bash combo from xiki.org.

BT:

time/
  4:22:18pm
  - time zones/
    - error:
      | cannot load such file -- active_support
      |   LoadError
    - backtrace:
      =
        /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.0/usr/lib/ruby/2.0.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:55:in `require'
        /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.0/usr/lib/ruby/2.0.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:55:in `require'
        /Users/cgagnon/xiki-project/roots/time.rb:24:in `block in time_zones'
        /Users/cgagnon/xiki-project/roots/time.rb:24:in `each'
        /Users/cgagnon/xiki-project/roots/time.rb:24:in `time_zones'
        /Users/cgagnon/xiki-project/lib/xiki/core/invoker.rb:166:in `call'
        /Users/cgagnon/xiki-project/lib/xiki/core/invoker.rb:166:in `block in invoke'
        /Users/cgagnon/xiki-project/lib/xiki/core/code.rb:310:in `module_eval'
        /Users/cgagnon/xiki-project/lib/xiki/core/code.rb:310:in `eval_inner'

    - tried to run: Menu::Time.time_zones
  + see/

PS: I found this "time/" command on a another website. Is there a list of ALL these commands?

Craig Muth

Oct 2, 2017, 8:13:45 PM10/2/17
to xi...@googlegroups.com
That's an old Xiki command that isn't super useful. Do you have a
specific need for it, or are you just experimenting?

That error is due to a dependency on a Ruby library, which some old
commands have. I think doing this may fix it:

$ xikigem install activesupport

If you think the command is useful we should port it to XikiHub,
without the dependency, so it can be easily searched for and
installed. Maybe using the 'date' shell command instead, and a
hardcoded list of time zones.

$ TZ=America/Los_Angeles date

: If something is missing, it there a way to easily check for all requirements?

No. Commands are supposed to check for their own dependencies, and
guide users through installing them. Obviously, this command isn't
doing that.

: Is there a list of ALL these commands?

This list all your topics, which have commands and actions underneath them.

$ xsh -

(Alternately type Ctrl+X at a blank shell prompt, or inside xsh on a
blank line.)

There aren't that many, because the new way of doing things is to give
users a minimal set, and let them search XikiHub to find more as they
need them. There aren't many commands on XikiHub at the moment, since
I've been heavily focusing on the Kickstarter.

--Craig