I see a bunch of new commits!

Kurt

Oct 8, 2016, 1:47:06 PM10/8/16
to Xiki
Just installed it and experimenting.

No announcement, Craig?

Craig Muth

Oct 8, 2016, 3:16:33 PM10/8/16
to xi...@googlegroups.com
Heh, you beat me to it :) Announcement coming soon!

Try the tutorial!

--Craig

On Sat, Oct 8, 2016 at 10:47 AM, Kurt <kurt....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Just installed it and experimenting.
>
> No announcement, Craig?

Kurt

Oct 10, 2016, 12:51:40 PM10/10/16
to Xiki
xsh --tutorial

if you're wondering.

Iachetti Federico Martín

Oct 10, 2016, 1:26:07 PM10/10/16
to xi...@googlegroups.com
Or you can find it on http://xiki.com/@xiki/tutorial

Federico Martín Iachetti

Kurt

Oct 10, 2016, 4:50:22 PM10/10/16
to Xiki
Ah, or just ctrl-x while in bash !

Kurt

Oct 10, 2016, 5:02:26 PM10/10/16
to Xiki
What does it mean:
     On a "search string" line

(in the tutorial)

Craig Muth

Oct 10, 2016, 10:26:42 PM10/10/16
to xi...@googlegroups.com
I'm not seeing "search string" in the tutorial. Are you seeing it at -
http://xiki.com/@xiki/tutorial ?

Can you send a screenshot?

--Craig

Kurt

Oct 11, 2016, 3:27:40 PM10/11/16
to Xiki

Kurt

Oct 11, 2016, 3:37:15 PM10/11/16
to Xiki

Ctrl-X toggles the display like this; I'm not sure what the difference is between the two

Craig Muth

Oct 11, 2016, 8:43:18 PM10/11/16
to xi...@googlegroups.com
I updated bar.xiki (which shows what the key shortcuts in the bottom
bar do). Here's the updated version:

https://xiki.com/@xiki/bar

(Or run "xsh @xiki/bar" in bash to view it in the terminal).

I changed that sentence to this:

- On a "foo bar" line: Lists your notes in topic "foo" with "bar" in
their heading.

So if you had a note starting with the heading "> Show the log" in
your ~/xiki/git.xiki file, you could quickly navigate to it by typing
"git log" and then Ctrl+X. You could do this either at an empty Bash
prompt or on an empty line in xsh.

--Craig

Craig Muth

Oct 11, 2016, 8:54:28 PM10/11/16
to xi...@googlegroups.com
The coloring looks slightly odd in your screenshots. Maybe it's just because the cursor is on the "+" and ">" characters?

Ctrl-X toggles the display like this

Your toggling between the "> Note" syntax and the "+ action" syntax.

An action is just a "special note that runs something when you open it", as mentioned here -> http://xiki.com/@xiki/tutorial/git-log . Usually what it runs is just a block of code or another action. See actions at the bottom of http://xiki.com/@xiki/examples for some example.

It normally only makes sense to switch to "+ foo" if the "foo" note actually is an action (meaning its heading is "> .Foo" and the note contain something runnable). But xsh lets you switch to it even if it's not (because, for example, maybe you are planning on making an action in the future).

--Craig