Xebium not working for me under Windows 10

Stefan Assenberg

Jan 8, 2016, 5:31:39 AM1/8/16
to Xebium
Hi all!

We've been working with Xebium for about 2 years now, running our testsuites on several OS / Browser combinations.
Until now we have had very little problems getting all to work within Windows 7 & 8, but when trying to get things working in Windows 10 we are running into some problems.

We have done the basic Installation following the Xebium installation guide on http://xebia.github.io/Xebium/#installation

We used the following packages:

Java: jdk-8u65-windows-x64
Maven: apache-maven-3.3.9-bin
Xebium: xebia-Xebium-xebium-0.12-27-g4d74eea

We also updated the system variables according to the Maven installation guide to include the appropriate Java and Maven directories in PATH.

mvn -version works fine displaying correct info so it seems Maven & Java are installed ok
After running mvn -PFitnesse test all start ok and Xebium starts fine and is available on localhost:8000

However when I want to run any test, even the ones from the original User guide, Nothing happens.

For example, I tried running the test from: http://localhost:8000/FitNesse.UserGuide.TwoMinuteExample

It gets a time-out with the error(s):

Standard Error:
 Error: Could not find or load main class W10\.m2\repository\org\fitnesse\fitnesse\20130530\fitnesse-20130530.jar;classes;lib.*.jar

Internal Exception:
 Could not start Slim.

I will dive further into this myself but unfortunately I could not find anything on internet with a similar problem, let alone a solution for this.

If anyone has any useful info as to what could be causing the problem or, even better, a solution, it would be very much appreciated.

Sincerely,
Stefan

Stefan Assenberg

Jan 8, 2016, 8:01:39 AM1/8/16
to Xebium
Question closed, I got it to work. It seems my Windows 10 installation was messed uo causing the problems. I can execute tests from Xebium now on windows 10 in firefox.

Still some other issues but will get back to that in another post if necessarry.

monica...@gmail.com

Feb 28, 2018, 8:30:26 AM2/28/18
to Xebium
Stefan,

Are you still using Xebium? Are you able to execute tests with the new updated version of Firefox? I am not able to
My concern is that Xebium is not being maintained and once we get an updated version of Chrome and IE, it wont work on those browsers either.

Thanks,
Monica