Installing for the first time: Non-resolvable parent POM

DutchTester

Nov 23, 2016, 7:28:48 AM11/23/16
to Xebium
Hi all,

I'm trying to set up Xebium using the tutorial over at http://xebia.github.io/Xebium/#installation

I'm stuck at the step:

Now build the project and start the Fitnesse server from the projects root folder with the following command (from the command-line terminal):
mvn -Pfitnesse test

 I get an error:

C:\AutomaticTesting\xebia-Xebium-59245c8>mvn -Pfitnesse test
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
Downloading: https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/org/sonatype/oss/oss-parent/7/oss-parent-7.pom
[ERROR] [ERROR] Some problems were encountered while processing the POMs:
[FATAL] Non-resolvable parent POM for com.xebia.incubator:xebium:0.14-SNAPSHOT: Could not transfer artifact org.sonatype.oss:oss-parent:pom:7 from/to
central (https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2): sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.S
unCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target and 'parent.relativePath' points at wrong local POM @ line 4,
column 11
 @
[ERROR] The build could not read 1 project -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR]   The project com.xebia.incubator:xebium:0.14-SNAPSHOT (C:\AutomaticTesting\xebia-Xebium-59245c8\pom.xml) has 1 error
[ERROR]     Non-resolvable parent POM for com.xebia.incubator:xebium:0.14-SNAPSHOT: Could not transfer artifact org.sonatype.oss:oss-parent:pom:7 from
/to central (https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2): sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpa
th.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target and 'parent.relativePath' points at wrong local POM @ line
 4, column 11 -> [Help 2]
[ERROR]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/ProjectBuildingException
[ERROR] [Help 2] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/UnresolvableModelException

Anyone here that can help me out?

Stefan Assenberg

Nov 24, 2016, 8:17:36 AM11/24/16
to Xebium
Are you sure you also followed the Maven installation correct?

I think it requires setting some system parameters, adding some things to your PATH and an install for Java.

I installed Xebium (again) on a new tester-PC last week and all worked fine for me.

Also realize that Xebium is not actively supported anymore unfortunately :(
So if you are looking to introduce a new test framework to your workplace it may not be the best choice atm.

DutchTester

Nov 25, 2016, 6:48:56 AM11/25/16
to Xebium
Thanks. I was indeed looking to introduce it to my workplace.
is there a good similar alternative that allows me to create tests using simple syntaxing?

Stefan Assenberg

Nov 30, 2016, 7:33:09 AM11/30/16
to Xebium
At the moment I am looking for the same :)

There are various alternatives, but most of them are paid and it really depends on the needs of your organisation.

Cirilo Wortel

Nov 30, 2016, 7:50:07 AM11/30/16
to xeb...@googlegroups.com
Guys,

There aren't any good alternatives and Xebium is not the silver bullet solution either (with or without active maintenance). I wouldn't try to find an easy solution. Good automation relies on good programming and a good architecture. My proposed solution would be to use a tool like Fitnesse or Cucumber, if required with Selenium and build your own dedicated fixtures and page objects. Stick close to your own comfortzone, if your programming language is java, use a java framework. If it's javascript, try to find the javascript variant.

Be aware of the investment you're making, and don't take it lightly.

Regards,

Cirilo