Browser starts in the background during running the FitNesse test

Glenn Dasai

Oct 28, 2014, 5:56:42 AM10/28/14
to xeb...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Browser starts in the background during running the FitNesse test.

How can I get the browser in the front?

I had followed the installation described on the Xebium website.

Thnx in advance!

Glenn

Cirilo Wortel

Oct 28, 2014, 6:22:59 AM10/28/14
to xeb...@googlegroups.com
I have seen this on my mac, pretty annoying, haven’t found a way around it.. It does depend on webdriver version. I have googled it before, couldn’t find a satisfying solution.

Met vriendelijke groeten/Kind regards,

Cirilo Wortel

martinus...@gmail.com

Dec 16, 2015, 4:38:46 AM12/16/15
to Xebium
Hi Glenn,

When running the FitNesse tests from TeamCity targetting a separate Build Agent server I experience the same issues. FitNesse runs the tests (I see this in the build log of my test project) but each test times out. Our assumption is the same as yours: the browsers do not really start as a foreground process.

Did you find a solution for the problem you had last year?

regards,
Maarten.

Cirilo Wortel

Dec 16, 2015, 7:12:38 AM12/16/15
to xeb...@googlegroups.com

Hi Maarten,

When I experience this problem, it does run the tests as expected. It’s just that the browser does is not displayed on top. I figure your problem is something else. Are you sure the browser starts, if are you certain you have the right version/dependencies between browser and web driver?