Setting up automated tests with Xebium for Edge browser

Stefan Assenberg

Aug 23, 2016, 5:55:00 AM8/23/16
to Xebium
Hi all,

I'm using Xebium tot test all our web-apps in different versions of Chrome, IE and Firefox.
I set up a large number of VM's for this to be able to test all on different combinations of OS & Browsers,

Is there a way to make testing with Xebium also possible for Edge browser on Microsofts Windows 10?

I did find a webdriver for Edge but only putting this on my system path is no enough to get this working.

For example I would like to start my test scenario like this:

| start browser | edge | on url | !-http://www.test.com-! |

If anyone got Xebium working with Edge browser, any help on how to achieve this would be greatly appreciated.

Fuerhaiti Jiaodaiti

Nov 17, 2016, 11:58:51 AM11/17/16
to Xebium
Hi:
I have modified my SeleniumDriverFixture to accept different browser type based on request. You can just add one more if() block to add ur edge browser and it should be work. I attached my code, let me know if you need anymore information.

/**
*/

public void startBrowserOnUrl(final String browser, final String browserUrl) {

if ("chrome".equalsIgnoreCase(browser)) {

System.setProperty("webdriver.chrome.driver", "../WebDrivers/chromedriver.exe");
WebDriver chwebDriver = new ChromeDriver(); // new ChromeDriver();
setBrowser(browser);
startDriverOnUrl(chwebDriver, browserUrl);
} else if ("iexplore".equalsIgnoreCase(browser)) {
System.setProperty("webdriver.ie.driver", "../WebDrivers/IEDriverServer.exe");
WebDriver iewebDriver = new InternetExplorerDriver();
setBrowser(browser);
startDriverOnUrl(iewebDriver, browserUrl);

}

else if ("phantomjs".equalsIgnoreCase(browser)) {

System.setProperty("webdriver.phantomJS.driver", "../WebDrivers/phantomjs.exe");
// System.setProperty("phantomjs.binary.path",
// "../WebDrivers/phantomjs.exe");
WebDriver pjwebDriver = new PhantomJSDriver();
setBrowser(browser);
startDriverOnUrl(pjwebDriver, browserUrl);

} else if ("firefox".equalsIgnoreCase(browser)) {
WebDriver ffxDriver = new FirefoxDriver();
setBrowser(browser);
startDriverOnUrl(ffxDriver, browserUrl);
}

}