Handle native file selector window when selecting upload function (Chrome) with Fitnesse

j.wit...@gmail.com

Aug 10, 2016, 7:30:13 AM8/10/16
to Xebium
Hi all!

Does anyone have an idea/clue/workaround on how to 'manipulate' the pop-up that lets you choose a file for upload (in Chrome)?

At the moment, when i record the scenario with Selenium IDE, i get a useful scenario. However, this wil not play back in Fitnesse....

Hope someone has got a solution :-)

Regards,

Johan Wittebol

Cirilo Wortel

Aug 10, 2016, 8:50:49 AM8/10/16
to xeb...@googlegroups.com
Xebium uses webdriver which does not operate directly with the operating system at all, the pop up is most probable a OS (windows) dialog?

What is an option (i know it used to be possible with firefox in the past) is suppress the dialog by auto accepting the download and file location when saving a file, so you do not get the dialog.

If you want to use only the selenium commands and it is not an OS dialog, but just a pop up in your browser, using javascript in your selenium commands is the most common solution.

Alternatively you can write a custom fixture in fitnesse that deals with the dialog (outside xebium). If you use the Fitnesse script fixture structure it is easy to combine with Xebium. (maybe this helps: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/16746707/how-to-download-any-file-and-save-it-to-the-desired-location-using-selenium-webd).

I'm sorry I don't have any recent experience with web testing/Xebium, hope this is of help.

Cirilo

j.wit...@gmail.com

Aug 10, 2016, 9:04:57 AM8/10/16
to Xebium
Hi Cirilo!

Thnx for the quick response! :-) It's not about downloading, but uploading! But probably the same thing Chrome/MS Windows dialog. Got anything on stackoverflow related to that as well? For now i'll investigate the link you've send!

Thank you again!

- Johan

edwin....@gmail.com

Sep 12, 2016, 7:57:26 AM9/12/16
to Xebium, j.wit...@gmail.com
For us, with HTML5, this syntax works:
| ensure | do | sendKeys | on | css=input[type='file'] | with | D:\testdata\image.png |