Question about the state and future of the XCPU project (Was: [xcpu] Fwd: easyDNS: 7-day renewal reminder for XCPU.ORG)

Ciprian Dorin Craciun

Jan 3, 2011, 1:47:51 PM1/3/11
to xc...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 16:05, ron minnich <rmin...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm going to let this drop unless someone tells me no.
>
> Thanks
>
> ron

Hello all!

A little off topic (so I've changed the subject of the thread),
but, what happened / happens with the XCPU project?
Is it discontinued, or it has a successor? Maybe it is still developed?

I've tried the thing about year ago -- I had some issues setting
it up but it worked in the end -- and it seemed interesting and
manageable (as compared with what I've tried to play before (Globus,
etc.)) I also hopped that at least `xget` would become stable.

Are there any good pointers about where to look next? (I've seen
that IBM is involved in a US funded project to replace the Linux-like
OS for BlueGene with a Plan9 OS, but no more news...)

Thanks,
Ciprian.

Nikhil

Jan 4, 2011, 4:12:28 AM1/4/11
to xcpu mailing list
I hope we are not letting this domain expire !
- Nikhil

On Jan 3, 11:47 pm, Ciprian Dorin Craciun <ciprian.crac...@gmail.com>

ron minnich

Jan 4, 2011, 10:28:57 AM1/4/11
to xc...@googlegroups.com
does someone want to buy it from me? I'm just not doing xcpu any more.

ron

Uriel

Jan 6, 2011, 1:10:13 AM1/6/11
to xc...@googlegroups.com
Letting domains of (once?) worthy projects drop into the dirty claws
of squatters is a really sad thing to do.

If nobody else wants to do it, I can take care of it, I already
babysit a few other domains like that and is little extra work.

uriel