Can one disable xcache for one folder only?

Nick Harvey

Mar 17, 2014, 7:45:20 AM3/17/14
to xca...@googlegroups.com
Server in question running Ubuntu 10.04LTS and Webmin latest.

A developer has asked me if the above can be done, but not for the whole domain. Anyone know?
Many thanks

Chipperdog

Mar 18, 2014, 4:31:24 PM3/18/14
to xca...@googlegroups.com
This currently can't be done AFAIK but is on the "to-do" list for version 3.2.  I'm waiting for this feature also.

Please see the link for details: http://xcache.lighttpd.net/ticket/44

Per Hansson

Jul 14, 2014, 6:40:37 AM7/14/14
to xca...@googlegroups.com
Yes, you can do it by creating a file on the filesystem with this content:
xcache.cacher=0

The file needs to be named .user.ini (that's a: dot-user-dot-ini)
So to exclude "somefolder" you would put it under /var/www/html/somefolder/.user.ini

Regards,
Per Hansson

Kevin M

Aug 7, 2015, 10:11:47 PM8/7/15
to XCache
Thank you Hansson,

I searched for 3 hours and read several websites talking about using php.ini or .htaccess to disable xcache opcode by adding lines like:

xcache.cacher Off
xcache.size 0
xcache.stat Off

OR

php_flag xcache.cacher Off
php_flag xcache.size 0
php_flag xcache.stat On

But none of these solutions worked. Your solution of adding .user.ini worked right away!

Thank you, I hope this helps everyone.