XCache in Windows 2012 IIS 8 64Bit

Frank

Sep 12, 2013, 9:41:50 AM9/12/13
to xca...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

My Name is Frank. I'm trying to use XCache for my Ticketing Software that is supposed to run on my Windows Server 2012 64Bit under IIS 8.

I have done the following so far:

1.Downloaded this Version XCache-3.0.3-php-5.4.16-Win32-VC9-x86.zip from here http://xcache.lighttpd.net/pub/Releases/3.0.3/ I have PHP 5.4.14 as I could not find the Version for that one, I took the XCache-3.0.3-php-5.4.16-Win32-VC9-x86.zip. Is this a Problem?

2.I unzipped the file and copied the php_xcache.dll to c:\Program Files (x86)\PHP\v5.4\ext as described here http://xcache.lighttpd.net/wiki/InstallFromBinary I have choosen the Location where all other php_*.dll files are such as php_mysql.dll

3. I opened my php.ini and copied all of the Content from xcache.ini and pasted it under dynamic extensions in my php.ini so it Looks like this:

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
; Dynamic Extensions ;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
; If you wish to have an extension loaded automatically, use the following
; syntax:
;
;   extension=modulename.extension
;
; For example, on Windows:
;
;   extension=msql.dll
;
; ... or under UNIX:
;
;   extension=msql.so
;
; ... or with a path:
;
;   extension=/path/to/extension/msql.so
;
; If you only provide the name of the extension, PHP will look for it in its
; default extension directory.
;
; Windows Extensions
; Note that ODBC support is built in, so no dll is needed for it.
; Note that many DLL files are located in the extensions/ (PHP 4) ext/ (PHP 5)
; extension folders as well as the separate PECL DLL download (PHP 5).
; Be sure to appropriately set the extension_dir directive.
;
; The MIBS data available in the PHP distribution must be installed.
; See http://www.php.net/manual/en/snmp.installation.php
;;this is an example, it won't work unless properly configured into php.ini

[xcache-common]
;; non-Windows example:
;extension = xcache.so
;; Windows example:
; extension = php_xcache.dll
.
.
.

4. at the end of the php.ini under extensionList I added extension=php_xcache.dll and then saved the document I didn't Change the XCache size yet

5. Then I went to IIS and restarted the webserver

6. Then I ran the info.php but I can't see the XChande module even doing a ctrl+F doesn't find anything.

What went wrong?

And why are there so many files in the Installation Folder when downloading and in the Installation guide is nothing mentioned about them, is that for Linux Installation only?

Thank you for helping me with this.

Wfr Frank

P.s.: I don't know if we are allowed to speak german here, so if we are allowed and you feel more comfortable, feel free to speak german.

xcache

Sep 12, 2013, 10:35:24 AM9/12/13
to xca...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 9:41 PM, Frank <frank...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

My Name is Frank. I'm trying to use XCache for my Ticketing Software that is supposed to run on my Windows Server 2012 64Bit under IIS 8.

1.Downloaded this Version XCache-3.0.3-php-5.4.16-Win32-VC9-x86.zip from here http://xcache.lighttpd.net/pub/Releases/3.0.3/ I have PHP 5.4.14 as I could not find the Version for that one, I took the XCache-3.0.3-php-5.4.16-Win32-VC9-x86.zip. Is this a Problem?
This is OK. you can always ignore the "z" part of PHP-x.y.z, but the "x" and "y" part must match. also the "nts" and "zts"(filename without nts) should match your PHP binaries

2.I unzipped the file and copied the php_xcache.dll to c:\Program Files (x86)\PHP\v5.4\ext as described here http://xcache.lighttpd.net/wiki/InstallFromBinary I have choosen the Location where all other php_*.dll files are such as php_mysql.dll

it depends on your extension_dir, do you have correct setting?
i suppose it should be extension_dir="c:/Program Files (x86)/PHP/v5.4/ext/"
you can try extension="c:/Program Files (x86)/PHP/v5.4/ext/php_xcache.dll", although i haven't try it

5. Then I went to IIS and restarted the webserver
yes, restart is required

6. Then I ran the info.php but I can't see the XChande module even doing a ctrl+F doesn't find anything.

make sure %tmp% is writable by apache+php+xcache

anyway, turn on error logging. either let php log to a log file, or make sure php error is output some where, e.g.: in apache log
if it failed to load something, it should report error, in log or as popup or something

Frank

Sep 12, 2013, 1:53:31 PM9/12/13
to xca...@googlegroups.com

2.I unzipped the file and copied the php_xcache.dll to c:\Program Files (x86)\PHP\v5.4\ext as described here http://xcache.lighttpd.net/wiki/InstallFromBinary I have choosen the Location where all other php_*.dll files are such as php_mysql.dll

it depends on your extension_dir, do you have correct setting?
i suppose it should be extension_dir="c:/Program Files (x86)/PHP/v5.4/ext/"
>>That  is correct!
>>Just gave it a try so in the extensionList it was mentioned exactly  like you mentioned  without success

6. Then I ran the info.php but I can't see the XChande module even doing a ctrl+F doesn't find anything.

make sure %tmp% is writable by apache+php+xcache

>>are you talking about this:

; N/A for /dev/zero

xcache.readonly_protection = Off

; for *nix, xcache.mmap_path is a file path, not directory. (auto create/overwrite)

; Use something like "/tmp/xcache" instead of "/dev/*" if you want to turn on ReadonlyProtection

; different process group of php won't share the same /tmp/xcache

; for win32, xcache.mmap_path=anonymous map name, not file path

xcache.mmap_path =    "/dev/zero"

as you can see I use /dev/zero instead tmp that shouldn't make problems. I just noticed that there is no folder called zero inside. so I created it but still nothing after rebooting the IIS

where can I check those access permissions is that normal ntfs permissions for system account? if yes, then I can confirm the folder zero has full access for system account.

you were talking of apache, just to remember you I'm using IIS not apache.

anyway, turn on error logging. either let php log to a log file, or make sure php error is output some where, e.g.: in apache log
if it failed to load something, it should report error, in log or as popup or something

>>You are talking about this error log:

[WebPIChanges]
error_log=C:\Windows\temp\php54_errors.log  if yes==> this is the error that comes all the time the same:
[Timestamp Asia/Kuwait] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\Program Files (x86)\PHP\v5.4\ext\php_xcace.dll' - The specified module could not be found

What I did to ensure I didn't made a erro typing the directory or file name: I copied from the error log the exact path until ext and pasted in win explorer. he reached the right folder. then I copied the name of the dll from the erro log into the search in ext folder box and he found it exactly the same way written also all lowercase.

I'm a little confused, so  it might be that the dll is corrupted. So I downloaded again and checked the Checksum. all is fine then I replaced with that newly downloaded file but still the same after server reboot.

By the way could you tell me why are so many files in the downloaded folder? is that for linux install?

Thank you

moo

Sep 14, 2013, 9:36:56 PM9/14/13
to xca...@googlegroups.com
not sure if my reply get the the groups, resending

[WebPIChanges]
error_log=C:\Windows\temp\php54_errors.log  if yes==> this is the error that comes all the time the same:
[Timestamp Asia/Kuwait] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\Program Files (x86)\PHP\v5.4\ext\php_xcace.dll' - The specified module could not be found
php_xcace.dll is the problem , it should be php_xcache.dll (was missing letter "h")
does it help?

Frank

Sep 17, 2013, 10:17:00 AM9/17/13
to xca...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

unfortunatly the xcace.dll was an error of typing by recopying the message to the Google Group. So in the real error log it's written with the "h" so the Problem is still not resolved.

If you want to have a look at the Server just send me a message with your email adress and I will Setup all that you can remotly Access the Server together with me.

Wfr Frank

xcache

Sep 17, 2013, 10:35:16 AM9/17/13
to xca...@googlegroups.com
phpx...@gmail.com
but before we do it, you can try procmon.exe and see what dll file
it's loading but not found (in all path it tried), i'll do it anyway

On 9/17/13, Frank <frank...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> unfortunatly the xcace.dll was an error of typing by recopying the message
> to the Google Group. So in the real error log it's written with the "h" so
> the Problem is still not resolved.
>
> If you want to have a look at the Server just send me a message with your
> email adress and I will Setup all that you can remotly Access the Server
> together with me.
>
> Wfr Frank
>
> Am Donnerstag, 12. September 2013 15:41:50 UTC+2 schrieb Frank:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> My Name is Frank. I'm trying to use XCache for my Ticketing Software that
>>
>> is supposed to run on my Windows Server 2012 64Bit under IIS 8.
>>
>> I have done the following so far:
>>
>> 1.Downloaded this Version
>> XCache-3.0.3-php-5.4.16-Win32-VC9-x86.zip<http://xcache.lighttpd.net/pub/Releases/3.0.3/XCache-3.0.3-php-5.4.16-Win32-VC9-x86.zip>
>> from
>> here http://xcache.lighttpd.net/pub/Releases/3.0.3/ I have PHP 5.4.14 as
>> I could not find the Version for that one, I took the
>> XCache-3.0.3-php-5.4.16-Win32-VC9-x86.zip<http://xcache.lighttpd.net/pub/Releases/3.0.3/XCache-3.0.3-php-5.4.16-Win32-VC9-x86.zip>.
> --
>
> ---

Frank

Sep 17, 2013, 11:04:37 AM9/17/13
to xca...@googlegroups.com
I have installed procmon.exe and launched it but that list is extremly Long 140 600 +- with 240 000 Events so far so I can't go trough all them

what exaclty should I look after? Or should we give the teamveiwer session a try?

Frank

Sep 17, 2013, 12:17:48 PM9/17/13
to xca...@googlegroups.com
We found the error, actually I ddid download the wrong Version, I needed the nts Version.

now all works fine.

Thank you so much.

By the way, nice work with this tool

Frank

Jul 21, 2015, 6:07:53 PM7/21/15
to XCache
Hi Moo,

Would you be so kind and assist me once more?

I currently get some error :
[20-Jul-2015 20:04:15 Europe/Luxembourg] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\Program Files (x86)\PHP\v5.6\ext\php_xcache.dll' - The specified procedure could not be found.
in Unknown on line 0

That would be really kind of you

Thx Frank