Ontology for Stock Market Data (initial draft)

kidehen

Oct 11, 2007, 8:51:40 PM10/11/07
to XBRL Ontology Specification Group
All,

**Corrected Subject Heading due to typo induced confusion in prior
post**

We have the first of (I hope) many ontologies aimed at simplifying the
production of RDF instance data from web accessible XBRL Documents
using RDFizer [1][2] technologies such as GRDDL [3].

The first contribution [4] comes from Laval University, Quebec, Canda
(via Dr. Sehl Melloul & Dr. Faouzi Bouslama).

BTW - I've updated the Project Wiki [5] page so that it accurately
reflects the goals of producing and maintaining financial ontologies
with RDF generation from XBRL documents as the prime goal :-)

Links:

1. http://virtuoso.openlinksw.com/Whitepapers/html/VirtSpongerWhitePaper...
2. http://simile.mit.edu/wiki/RDFizers
3. http://www.w3.org/TR/grddl-primer/