Still active at all?

Mark Kennedy

Apr 24, 2008, 2:40:17 PM4/24/08
to XBRL Ontology Specification Group
Hey all:

I'm curious, is this group still active, or has the activity moved
elsewhere?

I'm a developer for the Motley Fool (fool.com) and have an interest in
semantic web technologies. I've been looking for projects that deal
with stock market data in RDF. I'm particularly interested in ideas
for URI representations of stocks.

Anyway, won't post much more until I find out whether or not anyone is
out there ;-)

Thanks!

MK

kidehen

Apr 24, 2008, 6:10:15 PM4/24/08
to XBRL Ontology Specification Group
MK,

I would very much like this forum to be active.

Here is the current state of affairs:

1. We've had to craft some base ontologies using semi-automation
provided by Rhizome (from Robert Garcia) [1]
2. We've constructuced a RDFizer in the form of a Virtuoso Cartridge
that extracts data from XBRL instance documents and then maps to the
base ontology we crafted [2]

We still need XBRL domain experts to participate in this process if
possible.

Links:

1. http://rhizomik.net
2.
http://demo.openlinksw.com/rdfbrowser/?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sec.gov%2FArchives%2Fedgar%2Fdata%2F40545%2F000004054508000013%2Fge-20071231.xml
(for XBRL instance doc:http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/
40545/000004054508000013/ge-20071231.xml)

You can test various XBRL instance doc URLs via the RDF Browser at:
http://demo.openlinksw.com/rdfbrowser to see what we've achieved so
far .

Kingsley Idehen