taxonomy

maha sultan

Nov 17, 2008, 6:06:11 AM11/17/08
to xbrl-ontology-sp...@googlegroups.com
Hi
iam student of MS. i just want to know how to define taxonomy in XML Schema. i just want to map taxonomy define in Ontology into XML Schema

Thanks

Eric Cohen

Nov 17, 2008, 9:00:52 AM11/17/08
to xbrl-ontology-sp...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for your question(s). As you have posted this to a group
with a specific joint interest in XBRL and ontology, I would like to
ask you to clarify your question.

- Does your question have anything to do with XBRL or the realm of
knowledge within the scope of XBRL?

- When you say "taxonomy", do you mean a taxonomy in the sense defined
by the XBRL Specification, which defines the syntax and semantics of
XBRL taxonomies and instance documents?

- When you say you wish to "map ... into XML Schema", do you have an
interest in how XBRL expresses business reporting languages, which
includes XML Schema and also includes XLink to represent additional
interrelationships?

- What is the purpose of this exercise? (I hope you are not asking us
to do your homework for you!) What do you hope to do with the XML
Schema or the mapping afterwards?

- Do you need to represent all of the descriptions, definitions and
interrelationships with the XML Schema, or just validate XML instance
documents with the XML Schema?

If your interest is not XBRL, there are many articles and
presentations easily found on search engines on how to map between
ontologies and XML Schema; this group would be the place to explore
mapping between ontologies and XBRL taxonomies.

<eccn />