As you know, I would like to release a pre-Unicode revision of the XBLite compiler.
I just post xblite_2_41_16.zip at XBLite Forum (http://www.xblite.com/forum
Please, go to the XBLite Forum;
in topic "XBLite Compiler", thread "xblite.exe revision 2.41.16", download xblite_2_41_16.zip.
You can read the following message:(...)
- Make a backup copy of all files of folder C:\xblite\bin\ to C:\xblite\bin\bak\
- Create a folder xblite_2_41_16
- Unzip xblite_2_41_16.zip into the new folder
(Extracts xblite.x and the other files)
- Rename CompileXbite.txt CompileXbite.bat
- Use CompileXbite.bat to recompile
- Copy xblite.exe into C:\xblite\bin\
- CHAR type: in ASCII mode, CHAR <=> UBYTE, CHAR() <=> UBYTE(), CHARAT <=> UBYTEAT().
- (CODE, END CODE) for GoAsm code injection.
- GRAB statement: sort of COBOL's COPY REPLACING ==text1== BY ==text2==:
Usage of GRAB:
In WinX.x, I replaced m4_include(`accessors.m4') by GRAB "accessors\\*.x"
1.GRAB ".\\accessors\\declare.x" ' "$1" := "BINDING"
' "$1" := "BINDING"
' OMIT FUNCTIONs "_ActiveId", "_Get_idMin"
The 1st GRAB imports file .\\accessors\\declare.x replacing all $1 by BINDING.
The 2nd GRAB imports file .\\accessors\\declare02.x replacing all $1 by BINDING, but not only:
it remvoves the FUNCTIONs BINDING_ActiveId and BINDING_Get_idMin, which are not needed.
I believe this will promote code reuse, and a snippet production.
I'd really appreciate the feedback of active Xbliters such as David Watchman.