XBLite on Linux Mint and Vine

Guy1954

Apr 21, 2015, 2:08:32 AM4/21/15
to xbl...@googlegroups.com
Hi David W.

I believe that you are using Linux Mint for quite a while now. If so, I'd need your expertise as I just installed:
1. Linux Debian
2. Linux Mint on Debian
3. Vine on Linux Mint

So far, so good.

I downloaded XBLite from D.'s website, installed it in Vine's folder: C:\.
Then, I downloaded viXen from SourceForge and run the setup program.

When I execute viXen, surprise! It got repeditely launched, like 20 times in rapid fire!

By any chance, would you know about this?

Bye! Guy

David Silverwood

Apr 21, 2015, 4:39:48 AM4/21/15
to xbl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Guy
No. That's a first for me. Which version of Wine are you using? Have you tried downgrading or using Wine in a box for XBLite? (You are able to run various versions of wine to accommodate programs which may not work in the 'main' version. To simplify this, download playonlinux or q4wine).
I still have minor issues with Wine and Vixen, but have managed to get everything running. Vixen still has a tendency to freeze my Mint OS... lol.
It is easier getting it to work in a virtual box...

330.gif

Guy1954

Jun 26, 2015, 5:35:21 PM6/26/15
to xbl...@googlegroups.com
Hi David W.

That's it! viXen works fine under Linux/Wine with just a slight "Wine Configuration":
In Graphics Panel, check "Emulate a virtual desktop" with a size no less than 1000X700.

I don't know how you did it, but this works for me.

Bye! Guy

David Silverwood

Jul 1, 2015, 5:46:48 AM7/1/15
to xbl...@googlegroups.com
Ah, I suspected the graphics... great going, Guy... It works!
Thx