Vixen circa 2015

Guy1954

Jan 21, 2015, 5:27:04 PM1/21/15
to xbl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Vixener,

I just uploaded a new release of viXen.

I added the possibility to reset a project to viXen's defaults.
- Use menubar "Options/Generation/Project Setting..." to start dialog "Project Setting".
- Click on the button "Reset"

Enjoy! Guy

Guy1954

May 13, 2015, 8:46:48 PM5/13/15
to xbl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Vixeners,

I have been quite busy on XBLite support for Unicode. I'm quite happy that the XBasic Group are publishing a Unicode-ready version of their compiler. I didn't have the time to study how they handled the problem, but I sure will, as they are quite a creative bunch.

Anyway, since XBLite processes ASCII strings thru GoAsm routine xblibcc.asm (thanks to Greg), I have to modify it, which is "A All New World..." (without Alladin's magic carpet).
In order to work in a sand box, I re-installed Windows XP on my old but trusted IBM ThinkPad R50e (Hey, IBM! This TP is not yet ready for your museum!).
And I started to set up a development environment for XBLite.

With some interested side-effects: developping viXen on an Asus running Windows 7, I did not realized that viXen's screen were over-sized for older machines.
I just re-arranged viXen's about and project setup boxes, so that they fit in a lesser screen.
So, I'd appreciate if some of you, Vixeners, give a try to this viXen circa 2015 and make some usability comments for even more tune-ups.

As always, keep a backup copy of your current version in case of regressions in viXen.
Bye! Guy