SortSource.x: my tool for sorting FUNCTIONs within an XBLite program (sources only)

Guy LONNE

Apr 27, 2024, 7:55:08 PMApr 27
to xbl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Xbliters!

Please find attached SortSource_v2_24_sources.zip, which contains
SortSource.x, everything that you would need to re-build and
SortSource_install.iss on top of it.

In fact, I can't send the Inno Installer SortSource_v2_24_setup.exe.

That means that I have to find a way to provide with the very useful
WinX.dll (Callum Lowcay's Windows GUI library).

If WinX.dll is a problem to deliver, I can undertake the task of making
SortSource.x pure win32API.

In the mean time, you can study its sources.

What is SortSource?

SortSource is an application that I have created
primarily because I needed it, then to acquire skills in
WinX.dll programming.

SortSource.exe sorts all the functions of an xblite program in
alphabetic order.

It's a tool for sorting the FUNCTION DECLAREs by name
except the very first FUNCTION (program's entry point),
which remains first.

As the number of FUNCTIONs of a program grows,
it becomes difficult to single out a FUNCTION.

I always sort my FUNCTIONs by name
and it helps me to group together related
FUNCTIONs by using a commun prefix.

I have consistently done this for the past 45 years,
and I am quite satisfied with this habit.

--
Bye!
Guy

Guy LONNE

Apr 28, 2024, 3:11:07 PMApr 28
to xbl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Xbliters!

I spent 1/2 day trying to port SortSource.x in pure Win32 API and it’s
frustrating, even with the help of viXen and WinMerge.

Really, Callum Lowcay's Windows GUI library WinX is just a gem that I’m
happy to make use of it (big thanks to you, Callum!).

I will be AFK (again!-)) for 2 weeks and I will pick up where I left
when I’m back to keyboard.

Bye! Guy

On 28/04/2024 1:55 am, Guy LONNE wrote:

(...)
> If WinX.dll is a problem to deliver, I can undertake the task of
> making SortSource.x in pure win32API.
(...)

David Silverwood

Apr 30, 2024, 4:23:05 PMApr 30
to xbl...@googlegroups.com
hi Guy

I'm happy with WinX as is currently as I have also made use of it quite a bit. if someone needs the dll, can always post it... i have the source somewhere too if I am not mistaken. Will take a look.

Regards

David W

Guy LONNE

May 1, 2024, 4:39:56 AMMay 1
to xbl...@googlegroups.com
Hi David,

Thank you for chipping in!

When I post and attach a ZIP file, Google blocks executables (*.exe and
*.dll, as far as I experienced).

Anyway, I prefer to distribute the sources, as it is a safer practice in
our world full of viruses.

And I'm working on doing so. (but not right away, as I'm going to travel
next week and beyond)

--
Bye!
Guy

Guy LONNE

Jun 22, 2024, 5:22:01 AMJun 22
to xbl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Xbliters!

Please find attached:
1_SortSource.zip: SortSource.x in Win32 API sugar-coated with WinX.dll;
2_WinX.zip, Callum Lowcay's Windows GUI library..

Nothing is in executable form: all is ready for a compile with the
xblite.exe of your home computer.

You know the drill:

1.Unzip 1_SortSource.zip in C:\xblite\MyProgs\ SortSource
2.Unzip 2_WinX.zip in C:\xblite\MyLibs\WinX (my personal choice)
3.Fire XSEd on C:\xblite\MyLibs\WinX\WinX.x
4.Compile WinX.x with the sequences:
- 4.a)Shift+F9/F10 => C:\xblite\MyLibs\WinX\WinX.dll
- 4.b)Check the box ‘clean’/F10 => C:\xblite\programs\WinX.dll

5.Compile SortSource.x with the sequences:
- 5.a)Open with Ctrl+O C:\xblite\MyProgs\SortSource\SortSource.x
- 5.b)Uncheck the box ‘clean’/F9/F10 =>
C:\xblite\MyProgs\SortSource\SortSource.exe
- 5.c)Check the box ‘clean’/F10 => C:\xblite\programs\SortSource.exe

That works like a charm for me, myself and I, so we collectively wish
you good luck!

Bye! Guy
1_SortSource.zip
2_WinX.zip