XBLite book of knowledge end of life

Guy1954

Oct 4, 2016, 5:54:57 PM10/4/16
to xblite
Hi Xbliters,

My provider just announced me of the end of my personnal website http://guy.lonne.perso.sfr.fr.
Please pay it a visit before you can only visit it thru the wayback-machine at https://archive.org/web.
Time for you to harvest anything you can...

Bye! Guy

Grella

Oct 7, 2016, 10:32:17 AM10/7/16
to xblite
Thanks. downloaded everything but not in HTML - just as docx

Chad Wilson

Oct 7, 2016, 10:37:39 AM10/7/16
to xblite
For anyone wishing an easy way to save the entire site, consider HTTrack.

It is a free and open source utility for downloading entire web sites to your hard drive.

-Chad

David Silverwood

Oct 7, 2016, 10:49:21 AM10/7/16
to xbl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Guy

I've also saved all the pages in PDF format so will leave it on my google drive if anyone needs, just holler.

Thx for all you've done for this community, Guy.

David

Guy1954

Oct 11, 2016, 4:26:49 PM10/11/16
to xblite

Hi David.

For the past 10 years, I had such a great time writing programs in XBLite that I'm sure it shows in the materials of my website. I'm really thankful to David Szafranski for his huge work. Actually, I’d like very much to keep XBLite alive, because it’s a great development tool for Windows or Linux Wine.

My latest contributions are 3 directives that should boost our productions: CODE, GRAB and STRIP.

  1. CODE allows GoAsm code injection;

  2. GRAB is an improved IMPORT and can be seen as a snippet syringe;

  3. STRIP removes the function bodies of function uncalled for.

I use these directives for my pet application viXen, and they allow me:

  1. CODE to replace XstCopyMemory with GoAsm code;

  2. GRAB to re-use many pieces of XBLite code, especially from Callum Lowcay’s WinX.dll;

  3. STRIP to keep vxbl.asm under a GoAsm’s size limit.

'-RtlMoveMemory (&nmtv, lParam, SIZE (nmtv)) ' fill nmhdr using lParam

'-ZeroMemory (lParam, SIZE (NMHDR))

destAddr = &nmhdr

bytes = SIZE (NMHDR)

CODE

mov edi,[GetNotifyMsg.destAddr]

mov esi,[GetNotifyMsg.lParam]

mov ecx,[GetNotifyMsg.bytes]

cld

rep movsb

mov edi,[GetNotifyMsg.destAddr]

mov ecx,[GetNotifyMsg.bytes]

mov eax,0

cld

rep stosb

END CODE

'-bu_x = LOWORD (bu)

'-bu_y = HIWORD (bu)

bu_x = 0

bu_y = 0

CODE

mov eax,d[WndProc.bu]

mov ebx,65536

cdq

idiv ebx

mov d[WndProc.bu_y],eax ; eax = HIWORD

mov d[WndProc.bu_x],edx ; edx = LOWORD

END CODE

I believe we have a great development tool and we should be more productive for all sorts of little tools. You can find some personal contributions in my website, .exe and sources. Feel free to improve them and share back. I learnt so much by studying D’s code!

So, let’s keep together XBLite alive!

Bye! Guy

xblite.x

Willem

Dec 18, 2023, 10:02:09 PM12/18/23
to xblite
Does anybody still have a copy of Guy's freeware? It is no longer available on the wayback-machine.

Guy LONNE

Dec 19, 2023, 5:23:49 AM12/19/23
to xbl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Willem!

Welcome to this XBLite Group!

Of course you can get my freeware, even if they are banned by the
Wayback Machine (...being a big fan of the WM, I do feel the rejection.
Ouch! Sudden crushing chest pain! Will I survive? Depends on how much I
enjoy this end of year celebration.)

Anybody interested in my freeware is more than welcome to ask me for the
latest version in this Google Group: I'll gladly send an innosetup
install, and the XBLite source if interested.

So, dear Xbliter, just ask and you shall receive ;-)

Bye!
Guy

fmfl...@virgilio.it

Dec 31, 2023, 3:32:25 AM12/31/23
to xblite
Buongiorno Guy Lonne
Puoi cortesemente mandarmi l'ultima versione di XBLITE alla mail
Lo sviluppo di Xblite è concluso, oppure è possibile un adattamento a Windows 11 ?

Grazie
e ancora Buon 2024 a tutti
Fmflavia1

Watchman

Jan 17, 2024, 9:29:10 AMJan 17
to xblite
Hi Guy
If possible, Would you mind sending the freeware my way too. Somehow it disappeared from my Google Drive... most frustrating
Thanks
David

Watchman

Jan 17, 2024, 9:33:17 AMJan 17
to xblite
Hi Flavia

You can pick up the last version of xblite at : https://sites.google.com/view/xblite/home

Willem

Jan 17, 2024, 5:10:49 PMJan 17
to xblite
Good day Guy,
Please would you send me a copy of your innosetup for your freeware? If its OK I would also like the source code.
My e-mail address is wjswanepoel at gmail.

Regards,
Willem

Mr D

Jan 26, 2024, 9:39:24 AMJan 26
to xbl...@googlegroups.com

Hi Guy, Watchman, et al,

I've installed the latest version found at the referred website, but have found that there doesn't seem to have working help system. Is there a version that has the complete help files implemented successfully (especially the compiled help file version)?

If not, is there a complete set of help files that can be downloaded and used by the XSED IDE?

Cheers, Dennis.

Guy LONNE

Jan 31, 2024, 3:21:46 PMJan 31
to xbl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dennis.

All XBLiite help files are formatted in the official Windows XP format, which was the logical choice twenty years ago.

Nowadays, the XP format is not Windows native format.

However, Microsoft provide with such a display utility that you can download on their website.

I downloaded it once some ten years ago, and then forgot about it since it worked flawlessly for me.

Hope this helps.

Bye! Guy

Mr D

Feb 1, 2024, 1:16:45 AMFeb 1
to xbl...@googlegroups.com

Hi Guy,

Thanks for the reply.

Does this mean that the help files are packaged and installed with the XBLite installtion; but is unable to be displayed because the old format you spoke of is not longer natively supported on modern Windows OS?

If so, then that's fine as I'll look for it and maybe look for the display utility you mentioned.

Otherwise, If the help files are not provided in the install, are these available separately somewhere?

Cheers, Dennis.

Guy LONNE

Feb 1, 2024, 7:40:17 PMFeb 1
to xbl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dennis.

In my own personal installation of the XBLite compiler, I can find the following help files:
1.XSED's help file (XBLite's dedicated code editor) should be located in folder C:xblite/bin: xsed.hlp;
2.Other help files can be found in folder C:/xblite/manuals, such as xblite.hlp, ...

These help files can be browsed through the "legacy" program that you can download from Microsoft website.

This is my preferred way for my good old Windows 10 ASUS personal computer.

We have a fellow Xbliter that uses Wine on Linux Mint; I followed his example, and I was able to find not one but two "Help File Browser" utilities in their application repository.

In short, locate the help files and browse them thoroughly and they are pack-full of information.

Happy xbliting!
Bye! Guy

Mr D

Feb 2, 2024, 12:39:44 AMFeb 2
to xbl...@googlegroups.com

Many thanks Guy!  Happy XBLiting to you too.

Cheers, Dennis.