Season's Greeting 2018

Guy1954

Dec 24, 2018, 1:28:36 PM12/24/18
to xblite
Hi Xbliters.

For me, it's a season dedicated to quality time for family and friends.

So, let me wish you a Merry Christmas and a happy New Year 2019!
All the best is yet to come! ;-)

I usually post what I call my Xblite e-card, and it's a animation thru a little Win32 API GUI application.

This time, I was short on time, and I toyed with several ideas. Since these e-cards are a programming challenge for me, I hope I'll be able to complete one before December 31th.

As always, Happy Xbliting!
Bye! Guy

Guy1954

Dec 27, 2018, 7:40:59 PM12/27/18
to xblite
Hi Xbliters!

Please find attached NewYear2019.zip, which contains:
- NewYear2019_gen.vxn: the viXen project that I used for priming NewYear2019.x;
- NewYear2019.x: XBLite source of a small GUI program;
- NewYear2019.rc: the ressource file (generated by viXen);
- NewYear2019.manifest: the manifest file (generated by viXen).

1.Unzip NewYear2019.zip in a directory of your choice;
2.Open NewYear2019.x in XSED;
3.Compile (F9), link (F10), run (F11) and watch!

D. made a bunch of demos for GDI+, and I tried to put some of D.'s additions to the test.
The result is nice, but not great.

I wish that some of you Guys would pick up where I left, and improve the code to make the displays snappier.

In the mean time, Happy New Year 2019!

Bye! Guy

NewYear2019.zip