XIG vs xbee gateway app

Mike Pearson

Sep 11, 2015, 1:17:29 PM9/11/15
to xbee-internet-gateway
So soory if this is answered somewhere else but I'm a little confused as to the difference between the XIG and the xbee gateway app xbgw_main.py that come installed on the digi gateway products????

Rob Faludi

Sep 11, 2015, 6:49:09 PM9/11/15
to xbee-inter...@googlegroups.com
The XIG predates the “XBee Gateway” python apps. They do share some features but the XIG is intended to be used with XBees connecting to ANY server while the XBee Gateway is more focused on Digi’s Device Cloud. You should only run one package of python code or the other at any given time, not both at once. But feel free to delete the one you’re not currently using, you can always download either system later if you change your mind.