Change Device ID, Device already Exists Device Cloud

Chiradip Das

Feb 3, 2015, 12:17:21 AM2/3/15
to xbee-inter...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Is there any way to change the device ID which shows on the XIG local host page. Could you please suggest is this device ID is pertaining to my laptop?? as changing Xbee S2 modules has no effect what so ever on the device ID. On device cloud its displays "device already exists".

Is ok to upload the XIG files to my X2e ZB from my LAN network or is it a must to divert all upload through device cloud? I hope i can by pass the device cloud interaction and divert all my sensor reading directly to a different server like Thingspeak... the problem started because i connected my X2e to a trial account few months back and forgot to remove it from there. and now Digi will not delete my account or remove the devices associated with that account until i convert it to a paid account. for this reason it keep on displaying "Device already exists".

Thanks and regards,
Chiradip.

Francisco Gil Martinez

Feb 3, 2015, 2:31:05 AM2/3/15
to xbee-inter...@googlegroups.com
Hi Das!

In the XIG folder you have an file named "settings.jason", the last parameter of these configurable file, is the device id, you can change here your device id.

You can upload the xig files to the X2E through your lan network without problem.

Regards!

Paco

Chiradip Das

Feb 3, 2015, 9:39:58 AM2/3/15
to xbee-inter...@googlegroups.com
Hi Paco,

Thanks a lot, really appreciate your prompt reply.

could you also please suggest on this,

i have both the remote Xbee Pro S2 in api mode (ie; Router and Coord-X2e), and am trying to send an API Frame in Hex, 0x10 and am trying to send it using X-CTU to the Xbee inside the X2e. The format has the complete thingspeak api in it (https://api.thingspeak.com/update?key=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX&field1=0). so after uploading the XIG files in X2e, if i send the API frame from remote xbee then X2e should decode and push the value of Field1 into my thingspeak channel.
am i missing something here??? i want to complete avoid the Digi Etherios cloud.

Francisco Gil Martinez

Feb 3, 2015, 10:19:47 AM2/3/15
to xbee-inter...@googlegroups.com
I have always used Etherios to upload data, I will try to help you anyway.

Have you configured the server in the configuration file? ("idigi_server": "place_your_server")

Regards!

Paco