user documentation error "upload data to Device Cloud using your own names by sending strings to the XIG"

Xian Lin Song

Jan 13, 2015, 3:25:59 AM1/13/15
to xbee-inter...@googlegroups.com
In the "User Documentation" wiki page:

Upload data to Device Cloud is is NOT working if using the below format:

dc_data:names=temp,humidity,alarm&values=21,40,False&units=C,RH%,bool

It should be using:

idigi_data:names=temp,humidity,alarm&values=21,40,False&units=C,RH%,bool

Francisco Gil Martinez

Jan 13, 2015, 5:38:33 AM1/13/15
to xbee-inter...@googlegroups.com
Hi Xian!

I´m now using the last version of XIG in windows, and it works fine for me (xig-windows-1.5.1).
I´m using a Programmable XBee to upload data from my sensor to the cloud, and I send the command using dc_data:
len = sprintf(buffer, "dc_data:"
                          "names=level,temperature,valveIN,valveOUT"
       "&values=%lu,%u,%s,%s"
       "&units=%%,C,bool,bool\n",
level, temperature, gpio_get(valve_in) ? "False" : "True",
       gpio_get(valve_out) ? "False" : "True");

And here the samples in DC

Can you tell us what version and platform of XIG are you using for try to reproduce your issue?

Xian Lin Song

Jan 13, 2015, 10:01:01 AM1/13/15
to xbee-inter...@googlegroups.com
I am using Raspberry PI and ttyUSB0 (XBee 802.15.4).
I used a remote XBee send "dc_data" example string to the PI xbee. The response is "unknown command".
After I changed "dc_data" to "idigi_data", the string values are successfully uploaded to the device data stream and I can see the updated values.

I guess maybe it is because the below webpage is not showing the latest version (1.5.1.zip) and I am using an older version?

If so then the user documentation should update the "download the latest version from ...." to the correct download link so nobody will get the old version downloaded.

Francisco Gil Martinez

Jan 13, 2015, 10:08:05 AM1/13/15
to xbee-inter...@googlegroups.com
Yes, we should remove or update that page. The dc_data was implemented in 1.5.1b20. In previous version only idigi_data was available. that ´s the only different between 1.5.1b19 and 1.5.1b20 (and the new look in windows and mac)

The "official" download link is: "https://code.google.com/p/xig/wiki/DownloadFiles?tm=2" you can find it in the main page.

Regards!

Paco

Rob Faludi

Jan 13, 2015, 11:23:59 AM1/13/15
to xbee-inter...@googlegroups.com
While there are no links on the site to that old page directly, using its URL still gets you the deprecated page. There doesn't seem to be any way to change that so I'm going to go ahead and delete the referenced files to prevent any future confusion.

Please use https://code.google.com/p/xig/wiki/DownloadFiles and if you know of a link that should be changed, let me know here or offline. Thanks!